Need satellite guy in Denver area

rthurlow

Original poster
Mar 22, 2006
I was good - getting Bell's 82 satellite in Fort Collins, CO, even though I am on the fringe. I had my roof replaced last week, and they had to take off the dish and put it back on. Surprisingly, they got it to where I could still get a whiff of the signal. So this morning, I climbed on the roof and tried to repoint it, using a netbook and my Slingbox to see the "Point Dish" screen. It was on the edge of the 9242's limits, and the signal dropped off while I was up there :-( The guy who put it up originally (using a good satellite meter) has stopped doing that business, and can't recommend anyone who could do it, either :-(

I could really use someone with a good sat meter to come up and tweak this, or even install the 1 meter dish I have in the basement. Does anyone have a contact or someone to ask in the Denver metro area?

I am all set. I found a guy with a meter that could download the sat stats, and had him put up the one meter dish I had in my basement for some time. It's awesome - I have not seen signal this good in years. I have seen 96% on my strongest transponder from 82, up from 65%, and I have seen 77% on the weakest ones that didn't even lock in before. I thought about seeing if I could dial in 91, but the HD stuff matters far more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts