Need satellite system choice?? Help please. Need pro advice

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Brad D

Original poster
Nov 21, 2009
Cincinnati
I was just wondering what would be the cheapest satellite system I can put together (Legally) to get TV Land. Thats the only channel I care about. a few other ones would be cool but all I care about is TV Land. I want to stay away from Dish Network and Directv and cable. C band?? any info would be great. Receiver models and dishes would be very helpful. Thanks

You can get a system such as a 4dtv receiver - dsr-905, 920, or a 922 (best).
a 6' dish with a c band lnbf. You can order ala carte programming from Nps or Satellite Receivers C band and 4DTV satellite programming. I don't know if you can get just tv land but you can get a small cluster of channels such as the "pick 10" pack that right now i think is 18.99 per month and you pick 10 of any the available top tier cable channels. I have this pack .

Please consider a dish larger then 6 Foot. I live in Minnesota and my 6 footer would not always lock. My opinion is 8 feet should be the minimum size.

I was just wondering what would be the cheapest satellite system I can put together (Legally) to get TV Land. Thats the only channel I care about. a few other ones would be cool but all I care about is TV Land. I want to stay away from Dish Network and Directv and cable. C band?? any info would be great. Receiver models and dishes would be very helpful. Thanks
I get a signal of 90 and quality of 85 on a 7.5 dish when watching TVland on W5 with no problem. Putting up a 6 footer just for watching programming on W5 and I really don't think their will be a problem. Now your location may make a different to the size of dish you'll need and whether it's a mesh or solid dish.

wow guys. thanks so much for the input. I live in the cincinnati area . you think Skyvison is the best deal. thanks ice for the link. is the skyvision a reliable system that wont change in the next month or so. just looking for something long lasting and dependable.. thanks again for all the input guys.

the reason i said 6' dish is because they sell the dsr 410 and 6' dish combo for w5. I assumed reliable reception of w5 is possible with a 6' dish.

I have a 7.5' and 10' mesh dishes and both of them lock w5 channels at 99% on dsr-905 sidecars.

Brad look around for a used dish too. I got a 8.5 Foot Paraclipse...heavy dish from the mid 1980's for $50 in Florence Ky. Craigslist has stuff now and then too. Glad to see another local guy in here! Somedays I think I'm the only one lol....Blind

lol. im just tired of insight and dbs is expensive. the only channels we watch on cable is TV land. 24-7. tired of paying 50 bucks a month for 1 channel.

I was also wondering, Is WGN free on FTA?? and is the histroy channel still free? looking around now and thinking of getting the Skyvision package.

im in Piner, Ky up on the hills! lol. I say im from cincinnati cause im only 30 mins from there and nobody knows where piner is. clear beautiful skys all around! no trees no big houses, no barns. just a few mooing cows and open sky all around me.

I did find a dish on craigslist. a few for free. so will be looking soon. slowing going to put all this together as i slowly call insight and tell them to come get there crap.

WGN screwed us all long time ago. Not letting us sub. That's ok. there's plenty of other programming.

History channel and History international is on W5 as well. Those are alacarte available also i think.

You may want to look at one of those digital packs that is 35-40 dollars. You get most everything with that pack. can't remember the name of it. NPS has the absolute digital and SRL calls it something else. They are similar in contenct and price.

The pick 10 from SRL (programming center) is a nice option.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts