need savvy's help for FTA installation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

satefun99

Original poster
Oct 10, 2004
Hi,

I'm trying to install 33' BUD with VisionPlus 1020A to shot Galaxy 3C.

( 33'BUD, single ouput LNBF, VisionPlus 1020A )

the problem I have is no quality at all.

Question 1:

I tried to connect DVB card with my friend's Bell ExpressVU dish ( small dish ), still NO quality. but my friend's box receiver works and has the quality.

when i say no quality, i mean i have signal strength about 60%, 0 quality. this was found by both of the program called Progfinder, MyTheatre and ProgDVB.

any idea what's wrong. is it usual that before we point our BUD in the right direction, we have some singal and ZERO quality ?

Question 2:

as per lygnsat.com, Galaxy 3C has couple of transponds, but the program like progfinder, my Theatre and ProgDVB only show 2 transponds.

I'm pretty sure i has latest version of those programs. any idea ?

Question 3:

I noticed that some people said LNBF for FTA. what you got from that ?

i think we have universal, standerd, customized.

question 4:

in program like ProgDVB and MyTheatre, do we have chance to set voltage for LNBF or it's set automatically ?

thanks for your reply and experience. :)

I'm assuming you mean 33 inches, not 33 feet :) That'd be one hell of a dish :D

I dont have a card, so I really cant help there. Someone with a PC card should be able to help :)

I'll do the best I can. Cascade may also be able to chime in.

1. Forget stregnth all together. I was getting 40 with the dish pointed to the ground. Do you have an transponder.ini file for the sat you are trying to hit?? Use Ritzdvb, change the LOF1 and LOF2 to 112500000 and the LOFSW to 127000000. Something close to that anyway, I am not home to verify. Maybe add or subtract a 0 on the end. Then hit "Get Netinfo". If you are right, you should see the quality pop. This info is for a DBS sat. and LNB.

2. Get a transponder file for that sat.

3. Not sure.

4. Not sure on that one either.

Hope this helped a little. I can tell by my experience, that to junk the Progfinder program, hook the dish up directly not using any switches, buy a sat finder, and learning using a DBS sat. that is much more powerful that will help you learn.

Good luck!

satefun99 said:
Hi,

I'm trying to install 33' BUD with VisionPlus 1020A to shot Galaxy 3C.

( 33'BUD, single ouput LNBF, VisionPlus 1020A )

the problem I have is no quality at all.

Question 1:

I tried to connect DVB card with my friend's Bell ExpressVU dish ( small dish ), still NO quality. but my friend's box receiver works and has the quality.

when i say no quality, i mean i have signal strength about 60%, 0 quality. this was found by both of the program called Progfinder, MyTheatre and ProgDVB.

any idea what's wrong. is it usual that before we point our BUD in the right direction, we have some singal and ZERO quality ?

Question 2:

as per lygnsat.com, Galaxy 3C has couple of transponds, but the program like progfinder, my Theatre and ProgDVB only show 2 transponds.

I'm pretty sure i has latest version of those programs. any idea ?

Question 3:

I noticed that some people said LNBF for FTA. what you got from that ?

i think we have universal, standerd, customized.

question 4:

in program like ProgDVB and MyTheatre, do we have chance to set voltage for LNBF or it's set automatically ?

thanks for your reply and experience. :)

thanks guys !

in my case, I don't use Diseq Switch and the LNBF has LOF 10750MHz.

I'll check into the transpond.ini file for my sat, but myTheatre didn't allow me to add a new transpond, error "similar setting has been using" something like this.

any other input are welcome !

Guys,

that's a typo. I mean 33 inches dish.

any further things you guys think that could cause the problem mentioned before ?

thanks !

THat explained why you dont has the quality. hoho
satefun99 said:
Guys,

that's a typo. I mean 33 inches dish.

any further things you guys think that could cause the problem mentioned before ?

thanks !

satefun99 said:

Both programs set voltage automatically.

On Galaxy3C there are a lot of DirecTV transponders, sounds like you're hitting one of those, try this:

11780 H 20760

You may need to peak your dish for the best signal, don't give up though :)
Throw Progfinder away, it's useless unless you know you have a lock on a satellite.

In ProgDVB and MyTheatre, open the file 2650.ini and paste these over what's already there.

[SATTYPE]
1=2650
2=Galaxy 3C

[DVB]
0=8
1=11780,H,20759,34
2=11811,H,20000,34
3=11877,V,5000,34
4=11907,H,4296,34
5=11927,H,3250,34
6=12053,V,30000,34
7=12107,H,21500,34
8=12166,H,21500,34

Let me know if that works.
Cheers.

jr. Cascade?

Cascade, I just stumbled across this image on WalMart's site (don't ask how). I couldn't help but notice the striking resemblance. Any relation? :)

Attachments

• large184471.jpg
    large184471.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 176
  • cascade.jpg
    cascade.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 427
So thats where you have been Cascade, did you have a natural birth or did you use drugs for the pain!

Congratulations!

Okay, Guys.

thanks for sharing your experience.

so far, what i got is as following.

Question 1: still need to confirm that " before locking the satellite, we have 0% PIC quality and some signal strength",

I think i should select proper transponder, and it's parameters, then move the dish to pick up the quality.

question 2: G3C has mutiplte transponders instead of 2.

I've got its .ini file for progDVB.

question 3. not sure yet, what's proper LNBF for FTA program. Ku or C ? depending on LOF ? or db value of LNBF ?

question 4. players like MyTheatre and progDVB will detect LNBF and send out proper voltage.

will get a signal finder and try it with patient.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts