need some advice

hrtland2

Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
My current setup is a three lnb 1000.2, pointed at 110 119 & 129. In order to get comcast sportsnet newengland hd & nesn hd , i need to add a seperate dish at 61.5. My nieghbor just gave me a dish 500, with polar & dp dual.could someone please guide me through the hookup & setup process? Thanks for the help.

Mount the mast so that it is perfectly plumb at a location where you can get the 61.5 from your home. Try DishPointer.com - Satellite Dish Pointer / Alignment Calculator with Google Maps for a good reference on this. With a plumb mast, keep your skew at 90 and use the elevation that dishpointer gives you. Sweep left to right and you should get signal on the azimuth (compass heading) that dishpointer gives you. This is most easily accomplished by putting a baby monitor near your TV and receiver and going to menu 6,1,1 on the receiver and selecting 61.5. Consult THE LIST here on this site for a transponder you can use, pick one with your channels on it. Use the baby monitors or a friend on a house phone and you on a cell phone to achieve the most signal. Lock the dish down on the best signal. Run a coax from the dish to your 1000.2 LNB and connect it to the right-most port (as seen from the rear of the dish), it is marked LNB IN. Perform a check switch on your receiver and you should be good to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts