Need Some DIRT Team Assistance

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hojni

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 30, 2003
I have specific questions about some equipment and programming upgrades for my mother-in-law's Dish account. She has two 311 receivers and would like a DVR and some additional movie channels. Could one of the DIRT Team members please contact me.

Thanks,
Jim

I have specific questions about some equipment and programming upgrades for my mother-in-law's Dish account. She has two 311 receivers and would like a DVR and some additional movie channels. Could one of the DIRT Team members please contact me.

Thanks,
Jim

I have sent you a PM.

Thanks,
Jim

I am not a DIRT Team member, but I can try to help. :)

I am not sure about the receivers. However, I would suggest HD receivers even if she does not have an HD set.

I hear that the 211s are good and have the option of being turned into a DVR. Last time I checked this required an external hard drive and a one-time $40 fee (instead of having a current $6/month DVR fee). However, having 2 211s means a $7.00 monthly fee for the second one. The pro however is having 2 HD receivers.

The 722 may be another option if she just wants DVR service instead of HD (although one feed is HD and one feed is SD). If this is the only receiver she has, then there would not be an extra receiver fee (although the fee is already in the base pack). DVR service would be the current price of $6/month.

I think the 922 has a higher DVR price.

I suppose what I am stating is that it depends on what she wants in terms of HD service, DVR service, and price. However, I would highly recommend just getting HD boxes rather than SD boxes if possible.

You did not state what package she is in.
If she is in America's Top 250, then she would have the Encores and The Movie Channel west feeds. However, if she does not have America's Top 250, I would recommend the Encore Movie Pack for $5/month. It includes:
Encore West, Encore Westerns, Encore Action, Encore Suspense, Encore Drama, Encore Love, and MoviePlex. (Note: Encore Suspense and MoviePlex are also in the Blockbuster Movie Pass.)

Another option would be The Epix Package for Epix 1, Epix 2, and The Three from Epix for $7/month. However, The Three from Epix is currently in America's Top 250. In addition, Epix 1 and 2 are also included in the next option I will present which is the Blockbuster Movie Pass.

The Blockbuster Movie Pass carries movies and other channels as well. It is a $10/month add-on. Centric, Crime & Investigation HD, Epix 1, Epix 2, Encore Suspense, Hallmark Movie Channel, Velocity HD, HDNet Movies, indieplex HD, Logo, MAV TV HD, MGM HD, movieplex, palladia HD, PiXL, retroplex HD, Sony Movie Channel, Starz Cinema, Sundance Channel, Universal HD, and WFN (World Fishing Network) are the channels included.

There are also premium offerings (HBO $16.00, Cinemax $13.00, Showtime $13.00, or/and Starz $13.00) as well as the America's "Everything" Pak for $104.99/mo. that includes all of the premium offerings in addition to the America's Top 250 programming.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)