Need some e-mails

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

classic cartoon fan

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 3, 2006
Preble County, Ohio
I hope this is the place to talk about this.

This is how unlucky we've been trying to get high speed internet without going with the more expensive satellite internet.

I check on verizons web site today (with sucky dial-up) and I decided to check my wife's grandparents for availability. They are only four houses up the road, and guess what they are able to get DSL.

I called verizon and the CSR told me that they are just under the 15,000 foot max. and we are around 17,000 foot away, which I guess is too far.

Is there a Verizon CEO e-mail or someone who actually gives a hoot about us and will work to try and get this DSL to us?
Talking to CSRs all of the time who probably don't care is not working fast enough.

Do you understand what the length in footage is all about? What it comes down to is after a certain point the speed drops out to become no better than dial up and past that it becomes even worse. Your grandparents are at a point where the speed would probably be close to ISDN wich is twice that of dial up and still pretty slow. If you really need to have high speed then your left with satellite internet until a verizon sub station is put in thats closer to your location. It would be nice if emailing the ceo would work but even if he did send out a tech it wont make the speeds any faster that far out.

HowStuffWorks "How DSL Works"

The article here will explain better what your dealing with and why emailing the ceo wont do you any good.

If the grandparents can get it and it has decent speed, with the permission of the neighbors in between you could probably arrange some sort of wire connection from there. Or a couple of good wireless devices and antennae if you have line-of-sight.

wireless would be the best way to go with a directional booster set up at both ends, 2000ft of cabling would cause a db loss.

Plus the telco would probably have no idea what you were doing, whereas if you wired it they would have a fit.

Also check for wireless internet providers in your area. I have used them when in rural areas and been very happy. They are generally running at cable modem speeds, although they do tend to be a bit costlier.

Also check for wireless internet providers in your area. I have used them when in rural areas and been very happy. They are generally running at cable modem speeds, although they do tend to be a bit costlier.

I've also checked around with wireless providers that are close to this area, but I've had no luck being able to get it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts