Need some EHD help!!!

jgags6

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Rockford,IL
So I got a WD My Book 640gb EHD to hook up to my 411 and finally give it a try. After many attempts I finally got a CSR who said the feature would work with my 411 and they activated it.

I hooked up the EHD and guess what...I got an error... 955 to be exact, it says that my EHD isnt the right size, but when they give the range for size (40gb-750gb) mine falls right in their.

I need help, what should I do?

Yea it makes no sense, I attempt to connect the EHD to the 411 and a screen comes up saying that I need to call and activate to get the DVR function on the receiver. I do this and the guy tells me that the 411 doesnt support this feature... So if this is so why does that screen come up telling me about the feature, it doesnt make sense.

The 411's are capable of being activated, but, as of last week, Dish did not have it "in their system", so they could not activate them.

jgags6, in your first post you stated that "they activated it", but in your last post it sounds like you did not get it activated.

I also have 411's, so would like to know if you got it working or not.

Thanks.

Well, it was activated but when I connected my EHD it said that it wasnt the right size as I stated in post #1. But then after about an hour, I attempted to hook it up again and the screen came up saying "to activate this feature, call this number."

So I called it and then refer to Post #4.

In other words, no i never got it to work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)