Need some help with Dish Anywhere app on Fire TV

hahler2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
Ashton, SD
Hey guys so I'm trying to troubleshoot the Dish Anywhere app at my dad's house and I could really use some help. He has a 722k in his house with Sling connected to it. He has a separate garage about 20 feet from his house or so. He has a TV with an Amazon Fire TV connected to it and connected over wifi to his network. He just wants to be able to turn on some live tv while he's out in his garage working on his car.

So anytime we try to load live tv on the Dish Anywhere app on his Fire TV it will just bring up a black screen. The channel banner comes up on the bottom and it acts like it's trying to change channels and load things up but all you get is a black screen. Standing right beside it with his iPad Dish Anywhere works just fine. I've tried rebooting the receiver, restarting the Fire TV, and uninstalling and reinstalling the Dish Anywhere app on the Fire TV. Just wondering if this is a common issue and if there's a fix that I'm missing? Thanks!

Yes Dish Anywhere works just fine at my house.

As I said, standing right beside his Fire TV in his garage with his iPad connected to the exact same network Dish Anywhere works just fine on the iPad. Won't pull up on the Fire TV though.

Yes Dish Anywhere works just fine at my house.

As I said, standing right beside his Fire TV in his garage with his iPad connected to the exact same network Dish Anywhere works just fine on the iPad. Won't pull up on the Fire TV though.

Does that iPad have LTE? can you disconnect from wifi and see if Dish Anywhere still works? Might help to isolate whether it's an issue on the local network.

According to Scott..." DISH customers with an Internet-connected Hopper 3, Hopper 2 or a first-generation Hopper connected to a Sling Adapter have access to live, recorded and on-demand content on DISH Anywhere. Customers with VIP receivers may use DISH Anywhere to watch on-demand titles. "

Seems like he wont get live tv, but on demand.

DISH Now on Amazon Fire TV

According to Scott..." DISH customers with an Internet-connected Hopper 3, Hopper 2 or a first-generation Hopper connected to a Sling Adapter have access to live, recorded and on-demand content on DISH Anywhere. Customers with VIP receivers may use DISH Anywhere to watch on-demand titles. "

Seems like he wont get live tv, but on demand.

DISH Now on Amazon Fire TV

ding ding ding... we have a winner!

Reactions: charlesrshell
Why does live tv come up on his iPad and on my computer then?

And no his iPad doesn't have LTE.

Because it's designed to work on the IPad and computer but and isn't designed to work on Fire TV. Read the press release posted above.

Hey guys so I'm trying to troubleshoot the Dish Anywhere app at my dad's house and I could really use some help. He has a 722k in his house with Sling connected to it. He has a separate garage about 20 feet from his house or so. He has a TV with an Amazon Fire TV connected to it and connected over wifi to his network. He just wants to be able to turn on some live tv while he's out in his garage working on his car.

So anytime we try to load live tv on the Dish Anywhere app on his Fire TV it will just bring up a black screen. The channel banner comes up on the bottom and it acts like it's trying to change channels and load things up but all you get is a black screen. Standing right beside it with his iPad Dish Anywhere works just fine. I've tried rebooting the receiver, restarting the Fire TV, and uninstalling and reinstalling the Dish Anywhere app on the Fire TV. Just wondering if this is a common issue and if there's a fix that I'm missing? Thanks!
I discovered a known product issue with this regarding HD and fire tv. (I work at a dish CSC) You have to select standard definition, HD will black screen. Sling handles the development here and it's been escalated. Specifically, the known issue is for VIP receivers (722 with sling adapter). We know about it and are working on it :) SD will definitely work in the meantime

Last edited:
Reactions: dennispap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts