Need some help with receivers please

moab_dan

Original poster
Aug 8, 2008
I have a 301. Under the sysinfo menu the smart card number will not populate. Tech help at dish tried to download an update to the receiver but no go. Is the receiver bad or the smart card? I have had this receiver since new but it has been deactivated for about 4 years.
I tried to use my 3000 reciever but the even transponders will not receive a signal. Is this receiver compatible with the dp pro 151300 lnb?

Thanx for any help!
Dan

First thing to try is to take the smart card out of the 301 and put it back in. Make sure it is inserted in the proper direction. This will usually reset the smart card (there is a smart card in the receiver right?) If that doesn't do it you may need a new smart card. BTW the 3000 is not compatible with any Dish Pro LNB (Only Lgacy and DPP under certain situations) That is why it's only showing odd transponders. You would need a dish pro adapter for your Legacy receiver to work with Dish Pro LNBs.

Last edited:
I tried reseating the card several times. Probably cheaper in the long run just to get a new 311 receiver rather then trying to get a new card for the 301 or the adapter for the 3000.
Thanx for the advice!

Dan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)