Need some help with universal remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Viper420

Original poster
Nov 1, 2013
Oklahoma
I'm new to the forum and found it because my crazy ex-girlfriend stole all my remotes I'm looking for a universal remote to use on my directv receiver hr-44. I bought the RCA RCRP05BR and cant seem to get it to pair with my directv reciever. I also just bought the JP1 cable that was recomended in another post and would like to know what software I need to program it myself. Any info you can give would be greatly apreciated

:welcome to Satelliteguys Viper420!

The remote that comes with the HR44 is proprietary to that dvr. I don't know if any of the universal models work with the RF, but they should with the IR. If you only care about the IR, you can use one of the white models, which won't work in RF, only IR. You should be able to get one for the HR44 from Directv or maybe eBay.

I'm new to the forum and found it because my crazy ex-girlfriend stole all my remotes I'm looking for a universal remote to use on my directv receiver hr-44. I bought the RCA RCRP05BR and cant seem to get it to pair with my directv reciever. I also just bought the JP1 cable that was recomended in another post and would like to know what software I need to program it myself. Any info you can give would be greatly apreciated

Now if you could find one that could program your girlfriend to bring them back or pause her when she's tempted to take them again.

If you're trying to use the remote for the genie on the nature 44 with the new remote you must parentless the receiver going to menu settings will control holddowns select an music same time 961 channel up and then enter repeatedly until around responds that's how you. Remote and after you do that the receiver will recognize what Kind of TV you have or you can just stick with the IR but you want to build a program your remote to TV without going to RF in the box

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

If you're trying to use the remote for the genie on the nature 44 with the new remote you must parentless the receiver going to menu settings will control holddowns select an music same time 961 channel up and then enter repeatedly until around responds that's how you. Remote and after you do that the receiver will recognize what Kind of TV you have or you can just stick with the IR but you want to build a program your remote to TV without going to RF in the box

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Is that for programming the girlfriend to bring the remotes back?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)