need some help

hrtland2

Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
I recently switched to e, after nine years with d.I wanted to upgrade to hd equipment & as a new sub, there were no upfront costs.mission acomplished.now the problem. my only reason for wanting hd was to be able to watch my beloved boston celtics(fan since 1981).comcast sportsnet newengland carries all celtic home games(i sub to nba lp,out of my area).I am recieving csn newengland sd (435) , but not the hd feed (5435). I have a 1000.2 pointed at 110, 119 &129,with a 722 rec. a
After speaking with several e techs,it appears that i would need an additional sat pointed at 61.5 to recieve csn ne hd. they quoted me a price of 220.00 to install the second dish & a switch. Then the tech tells me that before the start of the nba season,(late october) i will probably be able to to recieve csn ne hd with my current setup.who knows ? thanks in advance,any suggestions or info is greatly appreceated.

I really can't answer any of your questions, but honestly, I can't believe they would charge $220 to install a dish for 61.5 location, unless it required the installation the very expensive DPP44 switch.

No. I don't remember exact cost that has been reported, but it is minimal. Call again and talk to a CSR.

I was quoted a cost of $60 to install a wing dish at 61.5 with no commitment or it was free with a 24-month commitment. If you currently have a 1000.2 dish (pointed at 110, 119, and 129), you shouldn't need a switch. The 61.5 can be input directly into the 1000.2.

thanks garys. it looks like i will have to go with a seperate dish at 61.5. will search for a better deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts