Need Some Help

FD611V

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 21, 2008
My fishing partner was over today to look at my D/N dish setup. I have a 1000.2 with the 129 LNB covered with foil and rubber. The 110 and 119 LNB are working great. I have a D/N 500 with a single dp LNB looking at 129, and it works great. My fishing partner...Larry wants to install another dish so they can get HD. They have a Samsung LN-A550, but no HD receiver. I mentioned what I did to get the 129 satellite with my two dishes, but, he will not be able to get 129 as a large tree is in sight.

I made a trip over to his home to take a look at his dish setup. He has a D/N 500 with a dp dual LNB... This LNB doesn't have the One In and Two Out connectors. The dish is pointed "due south" or near that position. He gets all the channels that I get on 110 and 119.

Question: What satellite(s) are those for D/N that are near due south, and do any have HD channels?

I was given him my extra (new) D/N 500 with a dp pro dual LNB with the three coax connectors. and aim it at 61.5, and run a coax from it to the single LNb to the 500 he has now.

So, what are the Dish Networks satellites that are due south?

Gentlemen, I went over to his home today to take another look at his Dish 500 setup. I took my magnetic compass with me, and the dish is pointed just 3 degrees east from 180 degrees. In fact it's about 186 AZ. with a skew of 104. BTW, We live 60 miles north of Tulsa, Ok.

He has a very large maple tree that covers the line of sight for 110, 119, and 129. There is no way he can get any of these satellites. For what it's worth, Dish Network installed this setup.

Gentlemen, I went over to his home today to take another look at his Dish 500 setup. I took my magnetic compass with me, and the dish is pointed just 3 degrees east from 180 degrees. In fact it's about 186 AZ. with a skew of 104. BTW, We live 60 miles north of Tulsa, Ok.

He has a very large maple tree that covers the line of sight for 110, 119, and 129. There is no way he can get any of these satellites. For what it's worth, Dish Network installed this setup.

For Tulsa, the az is 209 and the skew is 113 for a Dish 500. I think there are D* satellites nearly due south of Tulsa. Are you sure he doesn't have DirectV for a provider?

The same satellites are there for every body 110/118.7 internationals /119 and 129. Side satellites are 61.5 and 148, DISH also leased space on 105 and 121.

For Tulsa, the az is 209 and the skew is 113 for a Dish 500. I think there are D* satellites nearly due south of Tulsa. Are you sure he doesn't have DirectV for a provider?

He has Dish Network...Dish 500 with a dp twin LNB, and a D/N 322 receiver. The dish isn't pointed at 110,119, 61.5, or 72.

Your buddy's dish is indeed pointed at 110W and 119W. Tulsa SD LIL come from 110W. The Check Switch Installation Summary screen will tell you which slots the dish is looking at without eyeballing.

The Eastern Arc may allow him to point significantly east of the current dish (61.5W, 72.7W, 77W) at some point in the future, but where Tulsa HD LIL will eventually come from may not be decided yet.

Last edited:
Your buddy's dish is indeed pointed at 110W and 119W. Tulsa SD LIL come from 110W. The Check Switch Installation Summary screen will tell you which slots the dish is looking at without eyeballing.

The Eastern Arc may allow him to point significantly east of the current dish (61.5W, 72.7W, 77W) at some point in the future, but where Tulsa HD LIL will eventually come from may not be decided yet.

I have great news for you sir. He doesn't get Tulsa stations from D/N. We get the Joplin, Mo stations by OTA . I'm more polite than some of you, I don't go into one's home and start turning on the TV and the Dish receiver and start all this "Check Switch" crap. Let me make one final point, the dish isn't pointed at 110,119. I know, as mine is aimed at 110, 119, and my single 500 at 129. There's a lot of difference from 186 AZ to my 203 AZ

I have great news for you sir. He doesn't get Tulsa stations from D/N. We get the Joplin, Mo stations by OTA .
Joplin, MO SD LIL come from 110W also.
Let me make one final point, the dish isn't pointed at 110,119. I know, as mine is aimed at 110, 119, and my single 500 at 129. There's a lot of difference from 186 AZ to my 203 AZ
I can only guess that your compass is giving you bad readings at Larry's house. DISH isn't hiding any satellites close to 99.2W (DirecTV 11, Spaceway 2) that a Dish500 could pick up. That slot pretty much belongs to DIRECTV and is Ka band.

I would again recommend doing a Menu-6-1-3 as that's the only way you can be sure what satellites a dish is picking up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts