Need some help

grendyl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
Hi, I am not sure if this question belongs in this forum, sorry if it does not. I have bought a house that has fiber-to-the-premises in a SBC territory. I called their residential fiber department and they told me Project Lightspeed will be available to my house around June at latest. They already have the Internet side of the fiber service up. I am just moving in next month.

I want to get Dish in the interim, but I will only have it until June. SBC said there is no guarantee they would switch me over from SBC's Dish service to Lightspeed effortlessly on my part so I figured there is no advantage to get their dish service. If I get Dish with the clear intent to keep it for only a few months (now that they have a month-to-month plan), will there be any issues?

I have never had satellite service, but I do not want to use Adelphia. It is also possible by June Adelphia -> Time Warner finally and then I might switch to TimeWarner instead of SBC Lightspeed. Thanks!

If you BUY ALL your equipment, and PAY for installation, you'll be fine.

If you want to do the lease plan, you will have an 18-month committment, and/or contract to cover the retailer for the chrageback he will get when you disconnect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts