Need some info about BEV

rickym_in_az

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 27, 2005
PHX, AZ
been a while since I tried to set things up again. Finally played around with Setting up my dish and I got it pointed and got signal yesterday. now I have been reading on another forum that BEV has moved many channels from Nimiq 1 to nimiq 2 and nimiq 3. just wondering now as I have been told reception in my area (PHX) is limited to nimiq 1, if I should bother subscribing? any thoughts, anyone else in the soutwest US with some input?

Thanks,

:(

rickym_in_az said:
been a while since I tried to set things up again. Finally played around with Setting up my dish and I got it pointed and got signal yesterday. now I have been reading on another forum that BEV has moved many channels from Nimiq 1 to nimiq 2 and nimiq 3. just wondering now as I have been told reception in my area (PHX) is limited to nimiq 1, if I should bother subscribing? any thoughts, anyone else in the soutwest US with some input?

Thanks,

:(
If I were you, I would check http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/expressvu1.html to make sure that losing the channels on transponders ,3, 7, 9, 11, 17, 21, 23, 25
will not bother you.

Well what i am really interested in is getting CBC for hockey...not too worried about anything else right now....;-)

This is my hobby I am not a professional and I just know this from reading what other have to say here and other places.

The only problem with being outside the NIMIQ 3 footprint is that you will not have transponder 11 on sat 91, so you will need to have a signal from sat 82 , transponder 11 for the software updates.

Which card do you have for the receiver? If it is the old white and blue one, or white and red one, you will have to get a new one because they have swapped out all of the old cards to stop hackers.

Can someone explain what is in the above line. I looked at the expressvu1.html but don't understand the difference between what's on N1 and what's on N3.

What transponders are on N1?

millimeter said:
Can someone explain what is in the above line. I looked at the expressvu1.html but don't understand the difference between what's on N1 and what's on N3.

What transponders are on N1?
Telesat aquired an old DirecTv satellite and put it in the 91 slot, along with NIMIQ I, the sat, which was already there. So some transponders now come from NIMIQ I and some from NIMIQ 3; 3, 7, 9, 11, 17, 21, 23, 25.

They had to repoint the sat to serve Canada. The footprint was smaller, but stronger. NIMIQ 3 increased reception for Canada, but completely killed reception of those transponders in some parts of the USA, mainly the Deep South, CA, OR and WA.
Here's a good footprint of NIMIQ 3

http://www.canamsatellites.com/cgi-bin/canamstore/ustorekeeper.pl?rtn=cas0103

miguelaqui said:
This is my hobby I am not a professional and I just know this from reading what other have to say here and other places.

The only problem with being outside the NIMIQ 3 footprint is that you will not have transponder 11 on sat 91, so you will need to have a signal from sat 82 , transponder 11 for the software updates.

Which card do you have for the receiver? If it is the old white and blue one, or white and red one, you will have to get a new one because they have swapped out all of the old cards to stop hackers.

Ok Well like I said I have an old setup right now, have already started the process to get a new card. had the old one with the blue and white. was able to get the software update last night so I don't think that is an issue. just wondering if I can even attempt to get a signal from 82 and what I would need to be able to try.

Thanks for your input

Yes to the n3 trasnponders.

As for N2, you either need another dish pointing at 82 with a SW-21 switch, or a Dish 500 setup to look at both with 1 dish.

I'm in South Florida, can't get anything on N3, but the channels I'm missing from there are on N2 in High Def, mostly TSN-HD and Rogers Sportsnet HD. (As well as the locals in HD, CBC-HD, CitytV-HD) I'm mainly subscribing for the HD, especially HNIC in HD.

If you don't care about the HD, and just want CBC, you will be fine. Although regular TSN is on N3, which is a drag.

The only channel for me that I wish I could still get was Leafs TV, but they moved that one to N3. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)