Need some opinions on dish mount

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wildboys

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
I am looking into having a non penatrating dish mount built for a sami 10 ft dish.I told the guy the base should be about 48 X 48 and a 5ft 3.5" OD pole.Does this sound ok or do i need to change the measurements?

A 48" base is very small for the windload load area and the actual size of the 10' dish. We suggest that the NPM base be at least 2/3rds the diameter of the dish.

Where will the NPM be placed? If it will be placed on a cement or solid surface, you can increase the weighting on the smaller pad, but if mounting on a roof, you will want a larger footprint for the pad to distribute the weight and wind load.

You will also probaly want a taller post as it would almost be contacting the surface when panned to east or west.

A 48" base is very small for the windload load area and the actual size of the 10' dish. We suggest that the NPM base be at least 2/3rds the diameter of the dish.

Where will the NPM be placed? If it will be placed on a cement or solid surface, you can increase the weighting on the smaller pad, but if mounting on a roof, you will want a larger footprint for the pad to distribute the weight and wind load.

You will also probaly want a taller post as it would almost be contacting the surface when panned to east or west.
It will be placed on cement on the ground not on a roof

48" is certainly undersized, but mounting on a cement pad with increased ballast will help. The small footprint could prove to be a problem in high winds. Stabilty would be the major issue. Ballast .... Ballast .... Ballast!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Anyone using the geosatpro 2.4 meter dish

IA5 Quality Readings Lower?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)