Need some opinions on dish mount

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wildboys

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
I am looking into having a non penatrating dish mount built for a sami 10 ft dish.I told the guy the base should be about 48 X 48 and a 5ft 3.5" OD pole.Does this sound ok or do i need to change the measurements?

A 48" base is very small for the windload load area and the actual size of the 10' dish. We suggest that the NPM base be at least 2/3rds the diameter of the dish.

Where will the NPM be placed? If it will be placed on a cement or solid surface, you can increase the weighting on the smaller pad, but if mounting on a roof, you will want a larger footprint for the pad to distribute the weight and wind load.

You will also probaly want a taller post as it would almost be contacting the surface when panned to east or west.

A 48" base is very small for the windload load area and the actual size of the 10' dish. We suggest that the NPM base be at least 2/3rds the diameter of the dish.

Where will the NPM be placed? If it will be placed on a cement or solid surface, you can increase the weighting on the smaller pad, but if mounting on a roof, you will want a larger footprint for the pad to distribute the weight and wind load.

You will also probaly want a taller post as it would almost be contacting the surface when panned to east or west.
It will be placed on cement on the ground not on a roof

48" is certainly undersized, but mounting on a cement pad with increased ballast will help. The small footprint could prove to be a problem in high winds. Stabilty would be the major issue. Ballast .... Ballast .... Ballast!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)