Need some reliable dealers/re-sellers of Dish

I already have a satelite and a white color box HD receiver installed the other day. The unit was a Open Box product ( Possibly demo), so the deal is, we won't buy it unless we know that it works, as such, the co. who sell us the unit give us a free satelite installation, we can now see chnl. 100.

So does that gives me some sort of deal?

I also want to know about any1 take on asking for SSN? Dish plead guilty TWICE on 2 separate occasions on 2 separate count ID theft, illegally stealing the DO NOT CALL list and use robot call to those people.

So giving out SSN to Dish is like giving OJ Simpson a knife.

Anyhoo, is it even legal to ask for it under our Privacy Rights Act?

I already have a satelite and a white color box HD receiver installed the other day. The unit was a Open Box product ( Possibly demo), so the deal is, we won't buy it unless we know that it works, as such, the co. who sell us the unit give us a free satelite installation, we can now see chnl. 100.

So does that gives me some sort of deal?

I also want to know about any1 take on asking for SSN? Dish plead guilty TWICE on 2 separate occasions on 2 separate count ID theft, illegally stealing the DO NOT CALL list and use robot call to those people.

So giving out SSN to Dish is like giving OJ Simpson a knife.

Anyhoo, is it even legal to ask for it under our Privacy Rights Act?

Unfortunately this goes on with all parts of the industry that require SSN. Not just Dish. You have to give your SSN in order to do a credit check to see if A- you can qualify and B- you are who you say you are.

If you don't want to give up your SSN they have a new promotion called Flex where you will have to buy your hardware and you will not get any of the promotions offered.

You say that Dish had 2 cases of fraud out of 13 million+ customers, but what you don't see is how many customers commit fraud by giving false information and not paying their bills.

You say that Dish had 2 cases of fraud out of 13 million+ customers, but what you don't see is how many customers commit fraud by giving false information and not paying their bills.

No, that's not what I am saying.

this is what I'm saying

Feds sue Dish Network over do not call complaints

WASHINGTON (AP) – The nation's second-largest satellite TV provider – Dish Network – is being sued by the federal government for alleged violations of the national Do Not Call Registry.
The Federal Trade Commission on Wednesday accused Dish Network of making thousands of phone calls to people on the Do Not Call list. The FTC said Dish is the biggest violator to date, based on the number of complaints to the agency.

No, that's not what I am saying.

this is what I'm saying

Feds sue Dish Network over do not call complaints

WASHINGTON (AP) – The nation's second-largest satellite TV provider – Dish Network – is being sued by the federal government for alleged violations of the national Do Not Call Registry.
The Federal Trade Commission on Wednesday accused Dish Network of making thousands of phone calls to people on the Do Not Call list. The FTC said Dish is the biggest violator to date, based on the number of complaints to the agency.

That WAS what you were saying, now you are off on a whole different tangent. Get your stuff together, son.

The SSN and credit card are required to participate in the promotion. If you do not want to give your SSN out, then there are promotions available where you can purchase the equipment and not go under one of the standard promotions and still get signed up.

IMHO, your better off submitting to the credit check and getting free equipmenta and free installation.

I call this dealer 4 times. 2 times out of 4, it ask me to leave a no., as they are all busy

the 3rd time, a lady answer, I ask for Flex TV, she never heard of it, put me on hold, then she just hang up

the 4th time, a man answer, said he doesn't sign up for flex tv, the main office does, so I ask him to transfer me to the main office. He said it's the same no., there must be no1 answer over there.

So that's it. Now I'll try some other dealer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)