Need Some Technical Help on H-10

Status
Please reply by conversation.

flavorguy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2004
I cannot for the life of me figure out what's going on...

When I returned from vacation, I fired up my HDTV set-up which was utilizing a RCA DTC210. I'd get on my projector the banners and guide from DTV, but absolutely no picture (black screen) and sound... all sattelite/transponder strengths were in the mid - 80's , low 90's. The time and date would be in the banner, so I'm receiving the signal and my projector is receiving an input from the receiver...

So I switch this out for a H-10.... same problem. Banners, guide show up , black screen, no audio. The projector is showing that it is receiving a 1080 signal, and I can also cycle through the resolutions. With each resolution output, the projector shows the correct signal feed, but no picture or sound...

The equipment I have in line for the DTV receiver is:

DTV receiver ->component-> Yamaha RXV2500->component to projector

Thanks for your help

hey flavor,

same thing happened to me recently. I think it was due to a firmware upgrade. I had to restart the receiver and go through the setup again. You can find this in the settings menu. I went through the setup without restarting, and it did nothing. Restart seems to be the key.

ps...I'm new to D*, so I could be completely off here, but that worked for me.

Thanks for reply to my post...

Tried all of that and even spoke to three tech reps...

Nothing seems to work...

Curious... what does it look like if my access card is bad?

Rockaway...

I'm not getting any sound ... just a "muted" black screen with the DTV generated guide...

Nothing about "searching for satellite or error code "771"... just a blank screen... if I pull out the access card, I get the access card error...

I have not tried the receiver(s) on my other sets... my other TV's with DTV work fine... I'm seeing the blank screen now on 3 different HD receivers - my original DTC-210, the replacement H10 (which DTV repair, after a visit to my house, recommended), and a second replacement H10... the only thing which hasn't changed in this set-up is the access card and maybe the LNB or the multi-switch (although I'm showing signal strength on all three satellites and transponders)... could it be a faulty LNB?

It's possible that it could be the lnb, multi switch or it could be your projector. If you were away you could have had some kind of power glitch. I would try another TV with the receiver, or another video source on the projector.

Other Video sources (X-Box and DVD) work... remember I'm seeing the DTV guide and banner so I'm assuming that the DSS feed to my projector is good...

Very frustrating and I appreciate the input...

You try a hard reset............Unplug receiver while it is on, count to 20, plug back in.

OK the best way to determine if it's the LNB or the Multi switch would be to take a receiver that you know is working and hook it up to the projector. If the problem is still there. The next step would be to bypass the multi switch. By the way make sure you unpug the receiver before making the connections and disconnecting them as well. It's rare but you can short out the LNB if you don't. Same thing goes for the multiswitch if it is powered.

flavorguy,
Can you get into any menus ? If so can you check you signal strenth, seeing you have a banner, your TV is working , did this happen before the update to the h-10's ?

Is it still set up for the triple lnb, the update changed some receivers, check that if possible.
If not, call D* and ask them to hit your card for you.

Jimbo

I've scheduled DTV to come to the house to try to figure this one out...

Hard resets have not worked.... if I have time today, I'll try taking a good receiver and hooking it up to the projector...

What happens if I take an access card from one of my regular receivers and insert it into the H-10?

Determined the Problem... no picture or sound but menu

and I'm posting a new topic in case this happens to anyone else....a bad access card...

Thanks to everyone who offered a suggestions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)