Need stepd to Mirror a Joey

Stephen14

Original poster
Aug 6, 2013
Dallas, Texas
Ok I have the HDMI cord ran I have the HDMI splitter installed. For installation I ran and HDI cord to the HDMI splitter box then ran a 25 foot HDMI cord to the Master Bath TV and a 6 foot cord to the back porch TV. The Splitter and the Joey are installed on the wall on the covered back porch. The back porch TV is the original TV to work with the Joey and still works with it.

Now I am needing to add a new remote for a second TV to a joey? Can I do this if so how do I do it? I can not find the steps to do this anywhere. I am sure they are out there I am just not looking the right way.

Joey on Back porch hooked to a Visio TV
Master Bath TV is an Insignia TV. ADDING this to the system. The bath remote will not be able to see the Joey. The remote I have is a new dish 40 remote.
I know they will not be able to be used at the same time and that is not a problem.

Kind of a round-about question within a question surrounded by a lot of extra information. Would it be fair to say that all you're looking for is a second remote that works RF with the Joey?

Are you using the existing remote in both locations now?

You might try using the good/main remote in the Master Bath just to confirm that it COULD work at that distance. I have read that the distance is not quite as far as other receivers (likely due to no external remote antenna on the Joey.)

Pairing a second remote is simple. First, get the Joey to the System Info screen (menu twice on a working remote or the front panel button). Second, on the new remote press and hold the input/pair button until it beeps.

Alternatively, for the porch, if the Joey is placed in the open with decent line of site, you could use and old 20.0/21.0 remote in IR mode if you have one in a drawer somewhere.

40.0 remotes are usually available on ebay for $10+/- shipped. Go ahead and get a spare in case the bathroom remote ends up in the tub, or worse.

There is no line of site at all. Solid wall with tile on inside and hardi board on outside wall. Id do not see IR working.

Do I have to set the mode up as UHF on the remotes? I bought a 40.0 from Best But for $17.00 already.

Even though the TV's are different TVs I guess I have to hope that the 2nd (master bath) TV will run on the same code as the 1st (back porch) TV.

You don't need line of sight for a 40.0 remote. Just link it to the joey like JM42 said. Then you program it to the TV (which does require LOS). The TV code for the remote doesn't matter as far as controlling the Joey. You should be able to have 2 different codes in either remote without issue.

There is no line of site at all. Solid wall with tile on inside and hardi board on outside wall. Id do not see IR working.
Certainly not for the bathroom. I meant for use on the porch - if the Joey is visible on the porch and not tucked away somewhere.

Do I have to set the mode up as UHF on the remotes? I bought a 40.0 from Best But for $17.00 already.

Even though the TV's are different TVs I guess I have to hope that the 2nd (master bath) TV will run on the same code as the 1st (back porch) TV.
The 40.0 are UHF only when controlling Hopper/Joey, so no need for the switch the 21.0 and older remotes had.

The two TVs do not have to have the same control sets, you can program each remote to have different TV codes. After paring the new remote, go to Menu->Setup->Remote Manager and choose the codes you need for the TV. There is no "choose remote" option on the screen, but all actions apply to the remote you are currently using, not every remote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)