Need to connect 3rd receiver

tjordan

Original poster
Sep 23, 2007
Hi all I am new to this, both the forum and the technical cable stuff so bear with me.

We currently have Dish 500 with 2 receivers on it a 301 and a DV3 (echostar) and we are able to watch separate programs.

We want to add a 3rd receiver in another bedroom, it is a 311 receiver.

Without making you all laugh by telling you everything we have tried, please tell me how or if this can be done.

just the basics what type of LNB (dish part) do you have on 301 pres menu 6-1-3 it should say LNB type detected it ether will say DPP twin, DP quad, legacy quad or legacy twin we will need that info in order to help you with it

OK you need a different type LNB to be able to support 3 receivers, I'm not sure what type of DV3 box it is I'm assuming it is legacy so you need legacy quad it has 4 out puts witch is going to be cheaper to get then, DP compatible equipment because you going to need to get LNB and DPP 44 switch

I agree with Volkodav. Your best bet here is probually to get your hands on a Legacy Quad lnb and replace the 2 duals on your dish 500. The sw21 switch(s) also can be removed. This way you can have up to 4 single tuner receivers connected in your home.

If you get DP equipment you would have to have a legacy adaptor and then you are looking at more money and hassle. If you upgraded to a dual tuner model you could get rid of one of the receivers, save $5 a month, and still have 3 seperate tv's hooked up, while being able to use a DPP twin.

The second receiver is not "DV3." Well, it is, but so are all other Dish receivers. It's actually the stylized logo DVB, or Digital Video Broadcast. Check the Sys Info screen on that receiver too for the model number.

Now how do I hook up the Legacy Quad

Can someone give me an idea of how to go about switching the existing LNB to the Legacy Quad? Or did I even ask that correctly?

I have the new 'thingy' how do I hook it up?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts