Need to control a cable box in another location

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dave1025

Original poster
Jun 24, 2008
I have been asked to install an LCD 26" TV in a bathroom, so my client may view shows while bathing or whatever.

The installation does not pose any problems, but, I do not wish to have the cable box located in the bathroom.

I had originally thought I would use a TV equipped with a cable card thus eliminating the need for the box, unfortunately, I must be out of touch with the world of technology, for sadly cable cards are a thing of the past.

Is it possible to locate the box in another area, then use the IR port in the rear of the box and run a less obtrusive fish eye style of sensor and mount it by the TV?

Hopefully someone has a clue on how to accomplish this feat, the cable company and retailers seem to be less than helpful.

Thanks in advance,
Dave

I have been asked to install an LCD 26" TV in a bathroom, so my client may view shows while bathing or whatever.

The installation does not pose any problems, but, I do not wish to have the cable box located in the bathroom.

I had originally thought I would use a TV equipped with a cable card thus eliminating the need for the box, unfortunately, I must be out of touch with the world of technology, for sadly cable cards are a thing of the past.

Is it possible to locate the box in another area, then use the IR port in the rear of the box and run a less obtrusive fish eye style of sensor and mount it by the TV?

Hopefully someone has a clue on how to accomplish this feat, the cable company and retailers seem to be less than helpful.

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Take a look at SmarHome, I'm sure you can find somethng to fit your needs.

Mounts in a 1/2" hole
Talkback LED confirms IR reception
Use with any connecting blocks
Easy three-wire connection
Installation and trim hardware included
Buffalo Round Micro IR Sensor - IR-350

Connecting Block Provides Link Between IR Remote and A/V Components
Xantech 1-Zone Connecting Block (1 Emitter Out) - CB12

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)