Need To Know About Projector/TV comparison, HDMI/DVI/adaptors, HD Projectors, Burn In

I called up the Projector People today and asked them some questions. They said that this does not have a coaxial connection. This was how I was going to hookup my satellite system to it. Can I use a convertor kit like they use for the DVD players where it converts the A/V cables to coax only reverse it? They said that they have 100 foot of component cable for $150. I do not have any HD receivers so I dont know how that would work as A/V (Yellow Red White) wires. I do not even know if 100 feet is long enough. She also said that beyond 100 feet that I would need a booster. I would hate to have to move all of my satellite receivers but it looks like I may have to do this and rerun all of my satellite wires and so forth which would be a mess. I figured if I use the tv 2 output on a UHF channel that it would bring a good picture seeing that it is using the modulator in the receiver that really clears the picture up. I know it does with the coax to the tv I have in that room that has probably as much as 100-200 feet of coax ran to it.

Also they said that the $99 bulb warranty would only cover the bulb if it did not last for 2,000 hours and the lady says that most of the time they do not last that long. Would running a projector for 6-12 hours at a time cause a reduction in the life of the bulb?

I know where we will be during NFL season! I may buy a 2nd full setup while that $1600 deal is still going on! Can you imagine have 3 119" HD displays for what some people pay for 1 60" display? God!!! Makes me ill thinking I almost gave my cash away doing it too. One friend in my ear about come take a look side by side! I owe him!

Last edited:
My current set-up is amazing considering the small amount of $ laid out. I have a Panasonic PT-AE900 and Elite 100" manual screen. I have Dish HD Gold OTA UHF only antenna on the roof and my HTIB is a Onkyo S780. I have this set up in a small 11'X12' room and the results are amazing. Watching OTA HD programming and yes even HD Lite on Dish is Awesome. All this for less than $2200.My previous set up was a Hitachi CRT 51" RPTV and was great but didn't have near the impact that 100" has. This is my primary set up and if you do the math it means the bulb cost is less then .10 an hour. I hope that you can afford that :-] !!!

Chris

Thanks, I will give it a read. Luckily on the PLVz's they have an "air puffer" and and access port to remove dust and removable filters for cleaning. The color wheel cleaning was new to me.

Last edited:
I dediced shortly thereafter to wait - that there are still some things that need to be improved in the tv/projector arena when it comes to quality and price and that they will eventually get it right without having to spend a boatload of money. HD obviously still has not been out long enough to work out all of the bugs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)