Need to purchase Receiver

ericwilson54

Original poster
Oct 28, 2020
Fancy Farm, KY 42039
Hello everyone. I have a Slimline DirecTV dish with a Ka/Ku LNB. I need to purchase a HD receiver but want to ensure compatibility with my dish/LNB.

IMG_9550.jpg

IMG_9551.jpg

:welcome to Satelliteguys ericwilson54!
You really can't buy receivers now, only lease them. Directv would be the best place to go since you may qualify for a free one. You would still pay a monthly fee for it though.

Reactions: harshness
:welcome to Satelliteguys ericwilson54!
You really can't buy receivers now, only lease them. Directv would be the best place to go since you may qualify for a free one. You would still pay a monthly fee for it though.
Thanks for the reply. Surely there's a black market for DTV receivers. I know that I will have to notify DTV and pay the extra monthly charge. I just don't want to go through them and extend a contract.

Thanks for the reply. Surely there's a black market for DTV receivers. I know that I will have to notify DTV and pay the extra monthly charge. I just don't want to go through them and extend a contract.
The Contract is when you activate the recvr, whether you own it or lease it, it still needs to be activated, so you would be getting into a contract regardless.

OP,
Please remember, IF you do get one thru Solid Signal, you still need to have it activated and it Will have a contract commitment as well.
Your actually leasing it thru SS, but the rules still apply.
On the negative side, your paying $100 for it and don't own it ...
IF you contact Directv they may get you one for free, kinda depends on your status with them.

Reactions: TheTechGuru
Why in the world would you advise him to pay solid signal money and let them take his freebie rather than working directly with Directv and him taking the freebie for himself?

You'd want a H24 from SolidSignal for that LNBF.

Why in the world would you advise him to pay solid signal money and let them take his freebie rather than working directly with Directv and him taking the freebie for himself?

Good luck getting a H24 out of AT&T...all those drones know how to offer are Genie systems.

I got 3 HR24's out of rententions RIGHT BEFORE the hostile takeover merger. Post merger? pfft! Good luck.

Because IF you want a specific recvr, your probably Not going to get it from D* ...

I tried to upgrade for almost 2 years to a HR54 and a C61k (which is another stupid situation, not having a recvr that doesn't 4K) ... they continued to want me to get a HS17 server and I told them that I wanted to be able to keep my HR24's ... I tried to explain to them that I can't use a Client in the Motorhome or the Cottage, which the knew about both .

Reactions: TheTechGuru

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts