This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Need to record from one channel dropped by Dish

Thank you Tampa8. So, if the Bolt is with the antenna (and the small TV) and the mini Tivo is with the Hopper and the main TV, how does the miniTivo connect? To the TV, and if so via what kind of connection? Or does it show up as a streaming app, and if so will the Tivo remote (or the mini remote?) let the viewer select a recording, or even watch whatever the Tivo sees from the antenna?

I realize this is an expensive solution, I'm just wondering how it works.

Reactions: charlesrshell
With MOCA enabled on a TiVo receiver any and all TiVos in the house can be connected by the same cable that they receive either cable Tv or OTA signals, alternately they can all connect via wireless or ethernet.

With MOCA enabled on a TiVo receiver any and all TiVos in the house can be connected by the same cable that they receive either cable Tv or OTA signals, alternately they can all connect via wireless or ethernet.
Yes. I use wireless internet works flawlessly. Allows for ota channels in any room.

Thank you , Dish, for settling with Tegna and resolving my problem.

I had never heard of Tegna. I see that they are the media part of the split-up Gannett. That explains why Channel 11 is so resource-starved. I see that Tegna's goal is to acquire more stations...

I am closing this thread. Thank you to all of you. I learned a lot.

Wonder if the OTA adapter would work utilizing a HIC… and as such, would be able to be plugged in another room if absolutely necessary, although I cannot understand why it would be necessary.

Wonder if the OTA adapter would work utilizing a HIC… and as such, would be able to be plugged in another room if absolutely necessary, although I cannot understand why it would be necessary.
The HIC provides a Ethernet connection to the Hopper MoCA network, so I don't see a way USB data could be transferred that way. It is however possible to use Cat 5E/6 cabling as a USB extension provided you spliced male/female USB connectors on each end or bought adapters like these.

Just a reminder that you haven't closed it yet. There have been a couple posts since including this one.

The only way to close a thread is to ask a moderator to close the thread which disallows any further postings. I think what judyintexas was alluding to is that her issues no longer exist so the thread is moot to her...

You had me at Jerry rigged / band pass filter!