Need UHF Pro Remote for DVR 512

ckeays

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 14, 2014
New York, USA
Hello. I have been upgraded from a 510 to a 512. My 510 receiver used a dish 6.2 UHF Pro remote control. I have many spares I would like to use. (long story short, we purchased a bunch of the 6.2 remotes because my wife and kids have a habit of dropping them)
I understand the 6.2 remote is supposed to work with the 512 (in RF mode), however I can't get it to work.

From what the manual says, I need to purchase a 6.4 UHF Pro remote control.
I have searched the web and discovered that the 6.2 and 6.4 remotes are identical.

I have banged my head against the wall trying to get a STRAIGHT answer out of dish network and frankly I am sick and tired of calling them.

Can anyone PLEASE answer this question?
Will the 512 receiver work with the 6.2 UHF Pro Remote Control in UHF mode?

There are internet sites that sell the 6.2 UHF Pro Remote Control as a replacement for the 512 receiver.

Trying to get support from dish is tiresome, (most times the operator's first language is NOT English) along with weekly disputes involving channels removed, subscription rates increasing, DVR fees, when all the while commercials are becoming longer, advertising is becoming more and more prevalent.

I think most consumers are fed up with the dying industry.
I too maybe cancelling my 15 year subscription if I don't get a solution.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

thanks for your quick reply.

Some of the UHF Pro 6.2 remotes I have contain a Green "1" key, and on the other side a black one labelled "UHF". For the 510 it does not matter which was the key was inserted.

Other remotes have a blue key marked "UHF Pro 2" and on the other side the key is black.

So you are saying to use the green "1" key? I thought the green key was Infrared?

Not blue. When you're in the system info screen, at menu 6-1-3, use the arrows on the front of the receiver to arrow up to the TV1 area, then with the black uhf chip in press record. If this doesn't work, you may have to enable the uhf feature for TV one. I don't remember the menu for that. Should be in settings

yes i did that. I will give it a try. leaving for holidays tonight, probably try it when I get back.

Thanks for all the help,
Have a Great Holiday!

Not blue. When you're in the system info screen, at menu 6-1-3, use the arrows on the front of the receiver to arrow up to the TV1 area, then with the black uhf chip in press record. If this doesn't work, you may have to enable the uhf feature for TV one. I don't remember the menu for that. Should be in settings

Hi, tried both. The uhf feature was already enabled on TV1. It does not work with the black key on uhf.
Pressing record while in system info didn't change the green lit TV1 icon.

Any ideas?

Do I need to buy the right key?

I have lots of 6.2 remotes, I hate to have to buy new ones or throw out the ones I have.

When in the System Info 1 screen, use the arrows on the receiver, arrow up to the TV1 area, and once there, with the black UHF key in the remote, press the record button then. Only when the TV1 is highlighted(may even have to hit select first.).

the black UHF key didn't work. I DID get it to work, but only with the Blue UHF PRO #2 key.

Thanks a million for all your help!

Happy New Year!

When in the System Info 1 screen, use the arrows on the receiver, arrow up to the TV1 area, and once there, with the black UHF key in the remote, press the record button then. Only when the TV1 is highlighted(may even have to hit select first.).

Actually, are you thinking about Menu-6-1-6 where you enable TV1 UHF, then select System Info from that page, select TV1, then change the remote address?

That might be it. It's been so long since I have even seen the menu, I'd have to play for a half second and get it all back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)