Need Valid Forum ID??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher Cromwell

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 9, 2014
Lexington, KY.
So after wasting hours and tons of my energy trying to help another new member, all I get for my trouble are more Failure Messages. I'm logged in with my username and password, and keeps saying it Needs A Valid Forum ID; even after logging out and back in again! I'm using the Android App by the way, and these ever constant depressing "Failures And Errors" that keep dumping on me don't exactly want me to participate much. But if thats what you really want...... sigh....

I guess the other thing I can do is post my response to Noogie2 here, and hope he will eventually find it some day. Just another way of dealing with Automatic Failure I shouldn't have. Oh well!!!

Pretty much correct, you would need a H-H Dish Motor to have the 9000i receiver switch satellites. Even then, the Linkbox 9000i isn't exactly designed to get Dish Network channels legally anyway, so you would have to run a seperate cable(s) from the Circular part of the Invacom LNBF to the Dish Hopper Receiver. That might involve a seperate Dish Network Splitter of some kind if you wanted to have Hopper receivers in every room, inviting maybe other unseen problems later. The Dish Network Installer (required for Dish Network equipment), will then probably also give you some/alot of grief about using your Invacom and shape of dish your using. It's all a great idea in a perfect world on paper, but just a major pain. I have a seperate stationary dish for Directv, and my two other motorized dishes are for FTA, which makes it easier for my situation.

In case your curious, it is possible for the Linkbox 9000i to receive Dish Network channels. But that involves a special module and other illegal means that aren't worth doing. The Linkbox 9000i is so far the most powerful best little box I have used, next to the Manhattan 1997. Puts out a very nice 1080i picture and sound!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)