Need Your Help Guys Dish Unable to Install My Local Channels Please Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

number1redskinsfan

Original poster
Mar 4, 2011
PA Mountains
Guys I need your help I basically live in the Middle of Nowhere the Pocono's of Pennsylvania, Dish Network said they would be able to give me service through there general satllight however, I would not be able to receive my local channels because they are unable to install there 62.11 Dish (I believe this is the number the installer said) do to the heavily wooded area out to the west of my property. Local and State laws prevent me from even trying to cut these trees down some of them are over 80 feet tall. My main question is would I be able to receive distant networks from NYC without waivers since Dish is unable to install the local channels from Wilkes-Barre PA. I really want there service but I need my ABC, NBC, FOX, and CBS.

We need more information, but a basic answer is NO. First, dish does not offer distants at this time, they may in the future. Second even if they could unless you can't get your locals with an outdoor antenna they can't offer you distant channels.

Now a more detailed answer. First, we need to know if you can see other satellites, in particular what is called the Western Arc, sat numbers 110/119/129. If you can, you may still not get your local channels if they are on the 61.5 satelite, but you will get almost all the programming dish has. In addition, IF you are allowed by law, you can get both the East Coast (New York) and West Coast (San Francisco) networks from a company that you will get right from your Dish Network. But, you must be in an area where you can not get those networks with an antenna and they will be in SD. (Technically - what is called not being able to get a Grade "B" or better signal)

The law will not allow Dish to give you distants even if they offered them if Dish is able to give you your locals. The law doesn't care that you can't get the signal from Dish, the fact that dish carries your locals prevents them from giving you distants. But the company who can, AAD will if you qualify.

Last edited:
If trimming trees would give you access to the satellites you may be able to do it. There may be some FCC regulations which would give you the power, searching the FCC regulations would be worthwhile.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)