NEEDED - Defective DPP 44 Switch

Hotinco

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2009
Denver
I am in need of a defective DPP 44 switch. I don;t want to trash a good one to test a theroy. If you have one I will pay shipping if you want to part with it.

basic of it is, we think we can combined the Diplexer into the 44 using the ports normally used for adding a second 44. Then you could go out of the 44 to the second TV. Thus elimanating the need for 2 diplexers per dual tuner

i.e. out of 44 to Diplexer at TV 1 Diplexer to Separator connect tuner 1 and 2 TV 2 Out to Diplexer 44 Port to additional switch is now port out to TV2.

But Like I said I really don' want to trash a good switch to test this out, So i need 1 defective switch no power need we have that.

Thanks ALL

Well, if I understand correctly, you want use 'trunk' outputs from primary DPP44; just consider all of them are single sat output [bandstacked]. Doesn't sound viable in your case.

If you could post your plan as quick sketch in [MS] Paint, that will be easy to comprehend. ;)

I will talk with teh engineer but I doubt he will want to post that, we have been working on it for about a year now and he has it figured out, we need to gut it and replace parts to make this happen the SW44 will be used for the shell more then anything else, some parts out of it will be used,

And yes the port is a single out just replacing teh out port of the Diplexer... you will still need 1 Diplexer at the box end

We got one.. I will try to remeber to let you know how it goes.. If all goes well you will probably see a new switch out in the next year.

Nay, I'm doubt in your idea - DPP44 is doing that switching thru all output ports; in case if you want substitute its switching mechanism, you will struggled with reproducing all DPP44 guts. Impractical, IMHO.

So basically you want to cannibalize a $100 switch to eliminate a 99cent diplexer?

Sign me up as an investor.

Hence wanting a dead switch which to most people is worthless. Once we have the prototype we can build new switches from that design not build them from old switches. You have to start some place or there is no advancement. Since almost no one uses the expansion ports why not use them for something many people do use and make the process easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)