Needing remote code for Yamaha RX-V363 receiver

imonlyhumantoo

Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Greenwood, Indaian
I have a Yamaha RX-V363 home entertainment receiver. I've tried all the codes to program this receiver to work with the remote provided with my Dish Network DVR, and I've even scanned the codes. However, the Dish remote won't allow a correct code. Has anybody else had this problem or found a code that works using the Aux button?

Thanks,
Wil Adams

There is a code search method described in the manual. That will take hundreds of presses and is not likely to find unusual hardware, sorry. TVs and VCRs are likely to work, combos are not, and you are closer to the latter.
-Ken

If you have remote model 20.0 or 21.0 and the original remote for the Yamaha, you can teach either of those remotes any of the functions of the Yamaha remote. They are also available on ebay pretty cheap if you only have the older silver 6.x remotes

I have a Dish 322 and a Yamaha RX-V540. Try programing the AUX on the Dish remote(3.0 IR) with 2233. It controls volume, mute, turns unit off, and number pad controls switching of source. CD, TV, VCR etc.

My Yamaha RX-v765 works with my 722. I used the advanced code search and found a working code. Just keep pushing the button!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)