Needs a good reasonably priced Sat Finder/Meter

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

daveh505@comcast.net

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 18, 2008
Las Cruces NM
I need to replace my ElCheapo Sat finder/meter. I will use it only when I setup in my RV.

What would all you good people recommend that is reasonably priced ($30 or so) ?

OK, what I use is a WINEGARD Satellite finder meter. Camping World $29.95. I ordered a 500 dish kit from Satellite Guys.com a Utah based company. The kit came with a piece of junk meter, looked like a winegard however it does not work. I used my winegard to set the antenna up, took just a few minutes. I found that with my VIP211K box even turned off, I have 18volts for setup of the antenna.... The antenna has a graduated scale for elevation, and skew. I set the antenna according to those settings then I use a compass to set the azimuth.... I have a stick on a string, I get the azimuth then set the stick on the ground then aim the dish to the stick...... I found that this puts me in the ball park so getting the high point on the meter is then a piece of cake.... I have done the setup on my new dish twice, and both times the way I described worked great.... I know that with the 500 antenna, I don't get HD, or local channels however when I am camping all I need is TV for the wife, as she has to have the noise while trying to go to sleep at night........

I have a Sat Buddy v.1 that I don't use anymore. It's good unless you can find something else under $50 that will do an internal switch.

Minitracker gives signal indications for two inputs. It may be the same as Accutrac22 MKII.

It may work much better than one of those $20 finders. If they work like they say, it could be worth the $100 if you set dishes on a somewhat frequent basis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)