Needs tips for new installation today

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
the vast majority of people just don't know how to do any of that stuff themselves including just getting an HDMI cable and connecting it to something
Well, put it that way, if people want to remain ignorant about these things, then I guess they deserve to be hoodwinked and be slaves to marketing hype. Not in my house.

Crodrules, how much would that “Do Not Market” fee be?

;)
:oldwink
Now there's a convenience I'd be willing to pay for. ;)

Just kidding. It'd just be more useless hype, and never adhered to, just like do not call lists.

Last edited:
Crodrules, how much would that “Do Not Market” fee be?

;)
:oldwink
A one-time fee of $5, and well worth every penny!

Seriously, it would probably save Dish money, and increase customer satisfaction, to implement something like this. The people who would register for such a list are probably never going to buy any accessories from a tech anyway. So, requiring the tech to market to them is only going to waste the tech's time and needlessly annoy the customer. Then, because the tech was required to spend time trying to market to an unwilling buyer, that increases the risk that the tech will be late for the next customer's appointment. That customer might have otherwise been willing to take the time to listen to the tech and buy something, but now that the tech is behind schedule, that customer is just in a hurry to get the appointment over with, and annoyed that they are behind schedule, so that customer does not buy anything, either. So, it ends up costing Dish that sale, wasting the tech's time, and annoying two customers in the process. Now multiply that by all the similar scenarios that play out every day across the entire country. It would be so much better and easier for everyone involved, to simply give the customers who do not want to be marketed to, a simple way to opt-out of the sales pitch, even without charging a fee for the privilege of registering for this.

I have yet to see a new TV that has adequate sound.....

Also, new customers don't know about the sales aspect so would never know to get on a list and besides, that's asking Dish to take a hit in potential revenue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)