Nesn Hd

I too vote for that one! This was one of the biggest issues preventing for me leaving Comcast. So I waited till the baseball season was almost over. We also want FSNE or CSNE whatever the name of it is as the Celtics are going to finally be a pro team this year!

You are the latest of a long list of satguys that have been calling for NESN-HD for over a year now. As of today, it's not available, and hasn't ever been uplinked to the satellite. There is no indication that NESN-HD will ever be offered on Dish. As I understand it, NESN refuses to let Dish just air the games, and insists on having their 24/7 channel content. Can't say as I blame them.

We have been asking for this for a long long time. It does not look good. NESN is a 24/7 HD channel and E* does not want to show all the great HD that NESN has spent a lot of money and time on.

So I think we will never see NESN HD on E*

Why wouldn't they broadcast 24/7? they do for Comcast Sports Chicago and Fox Sports Mid West. Seems only fair. Only the games are in HD though.

Why wouldn't they broadcast 24/7? they do for Comcast Sports Chicago and Fox Sports Mid West. Seems only fair. Only the games are in HD though.
I only see the games on FSNMW-HD. The channel is dark (Dish logo) when there isn't a game on.

I'm hoping for next season. The new satallite should be up and running by then. Don't let me down Charlie!!!!

I do not think it is a space issue. I have read in other posts that there is a lot of room on 61.5. New England seems like a small market for E*, I think this because I see one E* dish to about 10 D* dishes around town. On the business side I understand why E* does not add NESN HD to their lineup.

To me it is a cost issue and we all know E* will hold out for ever to get the price they want. These are just my thoughts and I sure hope I am wrong.

Ken

Again (and this question was asked of Dish yesterday at CEDIA) don't expect NESN HD this year.

If NESN would let them carry only the live HD games then it would be on already. That is the issue (or so we have been told)

Can not blame NESN. They have a lot of good HD that they have spent a lot of money to produce and want to give the viewer the complete package.

Why does E* not want to have NESN HD 24/7? If there is room on 61.5 why not add it.

Maybe Charlie should uplink NESN HD and start playing porker for us in New England. Looks like it worked for BTN.

so stupid that dish wont put it up 24/7. Have they forgot about all the conus hd locals they have running 24/7 on 129 and 61.5 that are only availble to those markets? and since they now seem to be doing 6 mpeg4 per tp, just put nesnhd on the same tp as the boston locals since there's only 4 right now

The Boston spotbeams usually cover NESN's standard RSN service area if memory serves, so this would actually not be a bad idea.

I just think it sucks that D* will probably have it before, and pretty much every cable carrier in New England has it.

I have friends in other markets that would pay for Multisport (or pay alacarte) just to get NESN in HD. There's a pretty large devoted group of Sox fans that want it.

The Boston spotbeams usually cover NESN's standard RSN service area if memory serves, so this would actually not be a bad idea.

I just think it sucks that D* will probably have it before, and pretty much every cable carrier in New England has it.

I have friends in other markets that would pay for Multisport (or pay alacarte) just to get NESN in HD. There's a pretty large devoted group of Sox fans that want it.

I think the Boston market of D* already has NESN HD.

miserable Cubs fan..

We Red Sox fans still feel your pain. We haven't forgotten what it's like. Maybe you guys will win your division this year.

You can understand the frustration of not being able to see the Sox in HD unless they're on FOX or ESPN though.

DISH needs to do something about this.!protest

That's not really what I'm trying to point out

IIRC dish's argument for not carrying NESNHD 24/7 is because the bandwidth it would take up is not justified for its regional audience. However at the same time dish is carrying 32 hd channels 24/7 on 61.5 that are local hds only available to the respective markets

Understandable.. I think what I was trying to say is that if NESNHD was on a conus beam, people would subscribe to get it, even if they weren't in the Boston DMA. I was saying that it actually has a purpose for a conus beam, even though all those locals in HD that are also on conus beams do not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)