VIP622 Software 443 OTA channels not working?

cincyguy2k4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 14, 2005
I got a surprise this morning. My box got 443 overnight and I cant tune to any UHF local channel. My local VHF channel works but nothing else.

I have tried a soft reboot and plan later to try a power cord pull.

Or just add manually. I lost one subchannel recently but added it in just fine.

VIP622 Software 443 OTA channels not working?

I had the same thing happen to me yesterday, spent an hour on phone with tech support, tried deleting and no differance. Have zero signal strength on all uhf channels.
They are sending me new unit, but it doesn't look like this will help.

I had the same thing happen to me yesterday, spent an hour on phone with tech support, tried deleting and no differance. Have zero signal strength on all uhf channels.
They are sending me new unit, but it doesn't look like this will help.

Great. Not what I wanted to hear. Good thing I am off today I guess so I can play with my reciever.

I did a scan and it still only finds Channel 10, which is the OTA channel for our local channel 9.

I have gone as far as resetting the check switch matrix just for fun. Also have done a hard reboot with power cord and a soft reset.

I called into tech support and they opened a ticket for me. They said they might call me back to try other things. Guess its a little of a waiting game now.

Quick question. How long should I wait for support to get back with me? Anyone else deal with their support?

I'm having the same problem with UHF today with L4.43 download last night.
I've contacted Dish and we'll see what happens

One of my 622s has 443 and all my UHF ch are fine, but for some reason I do not get EPG for one ch with 443 but have EPG on that ch with 622 that has 441.

I got an email back this morning asking for more information. I have replied and waiting for an update.

Currently I have seen that 3 people (including myself) have this problem with 443 in this forum. One posted in another thread.

One would think that this problem isnt very large as forum posters are generally the loudest.

I just want my OTA back ASAP as Cincinnati doesnt have HD locals on the sats yet.

In Cincinnati, Dish is the last provider that does NOT have the locals in HD. Even D* has em.

With the current HD battle I doubt Cincinnati will be added anytime soon.

I am lovin History, Discovery, and TLC in HD though! :)

I got about a week and a half till a big game in HD on the locals....crossing fingers it will be resolved by then. Good thing the first Bengals game is on ESPN. Till then no Football in HD on the locals for me :(

I deleted my OTA channels, re-scanned, and they're all back..... No problems there. The signal strengths appear unaffected too (then again, I'm 7 miles max from the towers).

I have lost the guide data for WRGT-DT and MyTV though. When I re-added my OTA locals a few still said "Digital Service", not all of the OTA ones though. Did a Check Switch and they're all back now (except the two noted).

I deleted my OTA channels, re-scanned, and they're all back..... No problems there. The signal strengths appear unaffected too (then again, I'm 7 miles max from the towers).

I have lost the guide data for WRGT-DT and MyTV though. When I re-added my OTA locals a few still said "Digital Service", not all of the OTA ones though. Did a Check Switch and they're all back now (except the two noted).

Did you lose the signal on your OTA channels with 443 as well? I noticed you are in Dayton.

Thanks!

Got 443 update Thurs morn - lost OTA as well. Called Dish. Did hard reboot, soft reboot, check switch test - no change. Then I was toldI NEED TO CALL A RETAILER AND HAVE MY ANTENNA CHECKED. In the meantime a report will be filed!

What the hey? Redid all the tests again with the same lack of results.

When I call back, whom should I ask for to try to resolve the issue?

Thanks for posting here. People are starting to come forward over at the other forum for this problem as well.

They couldnt tell me to get my antenna checked because I can get some OTA channels without an antenna! I am about 5 miles from a couple of the towers.

My question is.... how old is your box? I got my 622 during the very first shipment of 622s released.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts