VIP622 Software 443 OTA channels not working?

"My question is.... how old is your box?"

That's a very good question. Several different board revisions out there for the 622s so what may affect your receiver might not affect mine.

Currently I have seen that 3 people (including myself) have this problem with 443 in this forum. One posted in another thread.

I received my replacement receiver today, and just for the heck of it I tried again. You will not believe what I found out.

443 actually changed my off air preferance to cable. after I changed it back to off air I got them all back.

I will be sending Dish their new receiver unopened.

Go to HDTV setup and see if you have cable selected.

Bill in WV

phonebill.....thanks!

After spending 30 minutes on the phone with technical support, I saw your post and was able to fix it....Thanks! Isn't it amazing that Dish never seems to know what is going on with their own equipment! Thanks to people like you all, I have been able to find out more about their products than they even know!

Thanks everyone!

That would make a LOT of sense why I only pick up the channel thats on VHF. Cable channels are on the same freq for the lower band of channels.

Funny I got a mail back from tech support asking me to try that tonight.

I will take care of this right away when I get home.

I noticed my yellow "no signal" pop-up just the other day, but not that a new firmware had been d/l'd.

Check my connections, rebooted etc...then decided to search forums and viola...

good catch...I was getting frustrated.

Last edited:
Saved a trip to the roof!

I had the same issue - zero signal strength on all local channels. I was about to get the ladder out when I decided to check the forum. Thanks for saving me what would have been an unnecessary and useless trip to the roof. All is well now! Thanks to all.

Darn!

I've been struggling with this problem for 6 months. I was still getting the channels, but I noticed that the scan wasn't finding any. I lived with it since it was still getting the basics. Then one day I mistakenly checked and did another scan and even though I hit cancel, it saved the changes and now I was screwed. tech support was useless (had a person in the phillipines reading a script and reading me a novel about how Broadcast stations might not always be available over antenna) but she then put in for a new receiver. I just tried the change recommended and it worked. (Although I did ask about this several months ago and no one responded with anything helpful.. so glad to have better results this time.)

Why couldn't these support people have this info! Anyhow - Thanks!!!

I just upgraded from a 625 to a 622 about 2 hours ago. I have an OTA antenna attached to the 622 and pick up all of my HD locals. All of them have guide data except WRGT-DT, my local Fox channel -- it shows "Digital Service". Anyone else in the Dayton/Cinci area that gets WRGT-DT OTA have problems with their guide data? Cincyguy2k4, you still having this problem??