Nesn Hd

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

wes311

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2006
I live in CT and just got NESN HD. Will I be able to watch Bruins games or will they black them out just like they did for the Red Sox on ch 94 & 95???

I live in CT and just got NESN HD. Will I be able to watch Bruins games or will they black them out just like they did for the Red Sox on ch 94 & 95???

That's the question. People around the country will probably see more bruins games in hd, if they subscribe to the center ice package, but these may be blacked out in all of the nesn territories, even those that have not gotten nesn hd yet. They need to add nesn hd to the local channel packages of providence, maine etc to sensibly address the problem.

NESN is my local RSN though

Yes, but you have not gotten nesn hd to this point because it has only been on the boston spotbeam. Now nesn hd is on the national spotbeam, but it's unclear how regional blackouts will effect you. If nesn hd was on your local spotbeam, then you definitely should see all the games, but it's not.

Do you know this for a fact that I'll be blacked out and if so don't you think that NESN will lose out on a ton of costumers???

Do you know this for a fact that I'll be blacked out and if so don't you think that NESN will lose out on a ton of costumers???

I don't know either way, no doubt it would make sense for directv to offer nesn hd to all in the nesn sd region, but directv and blackouts have not often made sense, despite all the complaints they get.

I don't know either way, no doubt it would make sense for directv to offer nesn hd to all in the nesn sd region, but directv and blackouts have not often made sense, despite all the complaints they get.
Yeah... I mean I could care less about watching the Red Sox (or Yankees or Mets for that matter), but it would be nice to know that every RSN that I'm able to get in SD I can get in HD.
Would be especially nice to get that and MSG HD..

I would just think that if they are making this channel national just like the standard version,that would mean it would be available to us! My thoughts are it's a seperate satellite that it's not spotbeamed anymore so it won't be backed out. Just an uneducated guess

I don't think anyone in CT gets the Bruins on NESN. According to the rsn lookup, only the Red Sox are available in CT.

I don't think anyone in CT gets the Bruins on NESN. According to the rsn lookup, only the Red Sox are available in CT.

Everyone in CT gets the Bruins (on NESN and NESN HD) except for those who live in Fairfield county, which is considered in the NY market. The RSN lookup on DirecTV's site is not 100% accurate.

Everyone in CT gets the Bruins (on NESN and NESN HD) except for those who live in Fairfield county, which is considered in the NY market. The RSN lookup on DirecTV's site is not 100% accurate.

Geez, that's a surprise! Thanks for the correction.

Re: Nesn

Funny though, last night I was getting MSG...and I'm in Wisconsin. Today, however, I no longer have it.

JB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)