Nesn-hd

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RAJH

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 6, 2003
Any news on the possibility of Dish picking up NESN-HD?

I really don't like the idea of dropping Dish but it may be the only way to get NESN-HD.

Any news on the possibility of Dish picking up NESN-HD?

I really don't like the idea of dropping Dish but it may be the only way to get NESN-HD.

It ticks me off as well. D* has NESN-HD, Comcast has NESN-HD, but E* nope!!! I can't get Comcast where I'm at...well I could, but the cost due to being so far from the drop isn't feasible, they told me I'd have to install my own pole, then have the cable buried all the way to my house...300+ feet! Don't want D* cuz of their crappy HR 20 not to mention HD-Lite...so basically I'm screwed!

RSN's in HD are not a priority for E* right now. I wouldn't expect them for quite some time.
You're exactly right. At one time the insinuation that they "may" get them was a priority - that's all. People need to learn that "E" insinuates a lot. Sometimes that may intend well but more often their hype is......just that.

Competing in this business is sometimes about who can tell the most convincing lies.

Someone with a little time on their hands should do a little research (maybe a poll / thread) and come up with a list of things "E" as said (promised or insinuated) that have yet to happen and post them to a sticky. If and when they actually happen, they can be removed.

What do you think Scott or would that ruffle the Dish / SatGuys relationship too much?

Oh well. It was fun while it lasted. I will miss the Voom channels. But once you've watched baseball in HD anything else just sucks.

Good bye Dish. Hello Comcast.

Okay so I've decided to write. I thought my observations may be of interest.

I had Comcast installed today, two HD-DVR's, and the first thing I noticed was the reduction in HD picture quality. The reduction isn't much but it is there. I have two HD sets, one fed via 720P component and the other via 1080i HDMI. The drop in picture quality is evident in both. Comcast has no answer for this. They are willing to look into it but I doubt there is anything they can do. I still have Dish right now so I may just dump Comcast. Comcast will not charge me for the weekend if I am not happy. I want NESN-HD but at what cost.

On the plus side Comcast has alot of free HD movies available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)