NESN missing from my lineup

I personally think it's a channel mapping issue.
James Long Uplink Activity page show it at 434, but should be mapped down to 412-24 (where I've had it in the past)
It also shows MASN at 432, mapped down to 412-22, and 412-22 is where I get it.
It is not a channel mapping issue. 412-24 is where I get NESN. The regional sports channels are supposed to be hidden from those who do not subscribe to them, which is why it would not show up on your All Channels list. So, it is clearly an authorization issue. For whatever reason, Dish's system thinks that you do not subscribe to that channel, which is why you do not see it.

Though I did just notice that I don't have NBC Sports Boston either (formerly CSN Boston)
But in doing some digging around, I don't have NBC Sports Washington either, though I definitely should (and did last year).

NBC Sports Boston is not carried at all by DISH.

It is not a channel mapping issue. 412-24 is where I get NESN. The regional sports channels are supposed to be hidden from those who do not subscribe to them, which is why it would not show up on your All Channels list. So, it is clearly an authorization issue. For whatever reason, Dish's system thinks that you do not subscribe to that channel, which is why you do not see it.

I need to go home and confirm this 1005, but I'm fairly certain that even though I don't subscribe to HBO, Showtime, etc - but I see them in the all channels list.
Not all subscribed, but all channels.

NBC Sports Boston is not carried at all by DISH.
that would explain why I don't get it :shh
CSN New England was carried by Dish sometime last year, then was rebranded in the fall to NBC Sports Boston.
I just assumed they carried the rebranded channel, but obviously it was dropped at some point....

I need to go home and confirm this 1005, but I'm fairly certain that even though I don't subscribe to HBO, Showtime, etc - but I see them in the all channels list.
Not all subscribed, but all channels.
Those are not RSN's, though. Certain groups of channels (such as RSN's and local channels) are authorized differently, so that non-subscribers do not see those channels on the All Channels list. That is what it means in the uplink reports when you see the "Hidden" tag at the end of the line for that channel.

Reactions: Tampa8
that would explain why I don't get it :shh
CSN New England was carried by Dish sometime last year, then was rebranded in the fall to NBC Sports Boston.
I just assumed they carried the rebranded channel, but obviously it was dropped at some point....

DISH did not carry CSN at the time it changed names, it had already been dropped over a year before.

Reactions: pattykay
DISH did not carry CSN at the time it changed names, it had already been dropped over a year before.
I could have swore I watched some Celtics programming last winter - but I digress. I'm more interested in figuring out what happened to NESN because I'm much more of a Red Sox fan :)

Reactions: Tampa8
revisiting this topic from last February - I dropped the multi-sport pack when I realized I wasn't getting NESN for preseason baseball.
Fall is here, subscribed to the multi-sport pack again for the Redzone channel, and noticed I still don't have NESN anywhere in my guide.
Before I escalate with Dish, I just wanted to confirm that other people who live out of the Boston market and subscribe to the multi-sport package can see NESN.

revisiting this topic from last February - I dropped the multi-sport pack when I realized I wasn't getting NESN for preseason baseball.
Fall is here, subscribed to the multi-sport pack again for the Redzone channel, and noticed I still don't have NESN anywhere in my guide.
Before I escalate with Dish, I just wanted to confirm that other people who live out of the Boston market and subscribe to the multi-sport package can see NESN.
Yes, on channel 412-24, HD and SD.

Yes, on channel 412-24, HD and SD.
Thanks - it's was a mystery then and still is now - why NESN disappeared from my channel guide.
It was there last fall at 412-24, but disappeared in Jannuary/February. And when I type in 412-24 to try and get to it directly, it goes straight to 412-22 (MASN).

Did you try channel 434, 412-2, or 5435? I'm assuming your setup is EA? Hopper setup?
EA, yes. I'll try those channels when I get home, but we did do a lot of trouble shooting back in February. I didn't feel like following up on it then because I knew I'd be dropping the package once the Sox were done with preseason ball.
Now they're in the playoffs and I need NESN :)

If you have the multisports package, then you should be getting that channel unless you somehow don't have signal on the specific satellite and transponder. If the other channels in that package are in your guide, then it could possibly be a signal issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)