NESN missing from my lineup

From what I've seen in the past this is exactly the kind of thing that happens right before a contract is ready to expire.

From what I've seen in the past this is exactly the kind of thing that happens right before a contract is ready to expire.
I guess it would help limit the number of people (especially brand-new subscribers) who would complain when a channel gets removed. Supposedly, AMC was removed from Welcome Pack several months before Dish dropped that set of channels, although I continued to receive AMC in Welcome Pack all the way up to the cut-off date, and then again for seven months after AMC returned to Dish's lineup, before it was finally removed from my Welcome Pack. Just substitute "NESN" for "AMC" and "Multi-Sport" for "Welcome Pack" and it sounds like Dish is doing the exact same thing here.

I guess it would help limit the number of people (especially brand-new subscribers) who would complain when a channel gets removed. Supposedly, AMC was removed from Welcome Pack several months before Dish dropped that set of channels, although I continued to receive AMC in Welcome Pack all the way up to the cut-off date, and then again for seven months after AMC returned to Dish's lineup, before it was finally removed from my Welcome Pack. Just substitute "NESN" for "AMC" and "Multi-Sport" for "Welcome Pack" and it sounds like Dish is doing the exact same thing here.

I've seen it happen several times in the past years. Anybody who's already getting it they usually leave alone but they don't advertise the channel(s) nor do they offer them to new subs.

Reactions: tallfence
I've seen it happen several times in the past years. Anybody who's already getting it they usually leave alone but they don't advertise the channel(s) nor do they offer them to new subs.
Right, just like Epix in Dish Movie Pack. Although that is still available as a separate package, and is hopefully not a case of the channels being about to be removed completely.

I know that Multi-sports doesn't have some RSNs, at least didn't when I had it. Such as Turner South, or whatever is now, and the RSN out of New Orleans. They were on spotbeams. Could it be similar to that with NESN and MASN?

I had NESN last spring, and the spring before that.
I usually drop the multi-sport pack after spring training and pick it up again for Redzone in September - I did notice NESN was gone in September when I resubscribed. I was hoping it was a glitch and would come back, but apparently it wasn't and it hasn't.

I had NESN last spring, and the spring before that.
I usually drop the multi-sport pack after spring training and pick it up again for Redzone in September - I did notice NESN was gone in September when I resubscribed. I was hoping it was a glitch and would come back, but apparently it wasn't and it hasn't.
I added Multi-Sport in August, and I still get NESN, so that may help narrow down when NESN was removed from Multi-Sport for new subscribers. Now, if only we knew why.

I have had the sports pack for years and no longer have MASN (haven't since fall) and just recently lost NESN. Gonna be pissed if Dish loses these feeds for Extra Innings cuz that will mean even less games.

I have had the sports pack for years and no longer have MASN (haven't since fall) and just recently lost NESN. Gonna be pissed if Dish loses these feeds for Extra Innings cuz that will mean even less games.
Did you make any other changes to your account at the time that you lost those channels, or did they just disappear on their own? Sometimes making changes to your account (even changes unrelated to your programming) can remove grandfathered programming.

Did you make any other changes to your account at the time that you lost those channels, or did they just disappear on their own? Sometimes making changes to your account (even changes unrelated to your programming) can remove grandfathered programming.

Didn't change the sports pack but other stuff. Why would it be grandfathered?

Didn't change the sports pack but other stuff. Why would it be grandfathered?
That is kind of what we are trying to figure out in this thread. Based on my own account, and the reports of others in this thread who still have NESN, it seems that it is still included in Multi-Sport if you signed up for it before a certain date last year and did not make any changes since then. Subscribers who added Multi-Sport after that date, or made any other changes that refreshed the account, no longer get NESN for some reason.

That is kind of what we are trying to figure out in this thread. Based on my own account, and the reports of others in this thread who still have NESN, it seems that it is still included in Multi-Sport if you signed up for it before a certain date last year and did not make any changes since then. Subscribers who added Multi-Sport after that date, or made any other changes that refreshed the account, no longer get NESN for some reason.

So is this the same thing that happened with MASN?

If Dish is slated to drop NESN upon contract renewal time, that will be what finally gets me to jump to the flex pack. I'll add locals, kids channels, and music from SiriusXM. I already have my tricks to get the Celtics already. I'll use it for the Bruins and Red Sox if it's needed. I have my ways to get what I want. I will leave it there. Just remember, there's always a way, where it be radio or internet packages. Nobody should have to be held hostage to see or hear a local team's sporting event.

Reactions: Tampa8
I have had the sports pack for years and no longer have MASN (haven't since fall) and just recently lost NESN.

MASN is local for me - and I see it fine. But NESN, not so much.
Though I did just notice that I don't have NBC Sports Boston either (formerly CSN Boston)
But in doing some digging around, I don't have NBC Sports Washington either, though I definitely should (and did last year).

I talked to DIRT about this for the better part of the week and they have no idea - I definitely should be able to get NESN; it is available and has not been pulled from the lineup. She kicked it up to engineering but I have no idea if and when they'll work on it and try to figure it out.

I wonder if this is a satellite issue. What orbitals are you getting and what strengths?
I had gone over that with DIRT. Everything is set as it should be.
It doesn't even show up in the guide under "show all channels".
But hearing that others are missing it (and a few other RSN's) makes me think it's a bigger problem than they know.

I personally think it's a channel mapping issue.
James Long Uplink Activity page show it at 434, but should be mapped down to 412-24 (where I've had it in the past)
It also shows MASN at 432, mapped down to 412-22, and 412-22 is where I get it.

But I don't know enough about the technical issues to be able to talk to DIRT or engineering about looking at channel mapping as being the culprit.

The 434 is the map down as well. The real channel number will be 4 digits... I believe someone posted it earlier. I was thinking check the satellite and transponder strength that the channel comes from.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)