Nesn??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tase2

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 1, 2004
Does D* show any NESN (Red Sox) games in HD? If anyone receives them, could you please let me know what channel, what package or any other info that might be available. I'm pretty the answer is NO for everybody, but I thought I'd check.

I live in Wallingford, CT 06492 (Hartford-New Haven) market if that makes a difference.

Thanks
Mark

I don't know if this helps, but MLB Extra Innings is starting to show HD games. I am not so sure about NESN games though.

NESN HD is not a channel which is produced by NESN, it is produced by Comcast. In fact it is not even a channel at all just an occational feed which usually overrides INHD when there is a HD game.

I spoke with NESN about a week or so ago it is atleast a year away just don't have the space right now. I guess the good news is that both D* and NESN have been talking a long time and Stephanie Campbell told me once that they would love to have the HD version

I guess I can wait 1 year as the Sox will be going for a 3peat.

One of the reasons I hated giving up Cox. They were showin Sox games in HD on one of the InHD channels.

I got a sneak peek at NESN in HD tonight through ESPN HD. I live in Florida, so I cannot get it. It looks great. Even though it was only for about an inning or so, it was a look into the future. I hope that DirecTV can get this on soon.

I am a displaced New Englander living in FLA as well. I can't say that I've ever been so happy to see technical difficulties in my life! I was severly dissappointed when they turned off HD-Remy for the ESPN crew. It was a nice glimpse into the future.

I emailed both D* and NESN within the last week and this is how it went:

Subject: NESN-HD

Directv:

Details: Will we ever be getting NESN-HD?

My zip is 06492 (Hartford-New Haven)

My cable company had it last year (Comcast), I would REALLY REALLY love to be able to see my Red Sox in HD.

PLEASE PLEASE
I am begging!

Mark

Response:

Dear Mark,

Thanks for writing. I'm sorry, but we don't carry NESN in HD right now. However, we often add programming based on customer requests, and we have forwarded your request to our programming department. Be sure and stay tuned to DIRECTV.com for the latest news and information about our service.

Sincerely,

Rogie
DIRECTV Customer Service

Then NESN:

Please Please Make a Deal with Directv for HD.

Thats All

Thank you

Mark

Response:

NESN appreciates your interest in our high definition coverage of the Red Sox and Bruins home games. NESN and DirecTV have discussed carriage of these HD games. However, I have no information to offer at this time.

We will save your email and notify when more information is available about DirecTV distributing NESN's HD game coverage.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Keisha Hall
Customer Relations

That's it for what it's worth

Mark

Mark,

This is good news. They are talking, which means they are trying to come up with a deal.

I hope this happens sooner than later.

Mark,

Not to burst your bubble but they have been talking for a good 18 months now so until INHD chgannels are offered I wouldn't suspect NESN HD for about a year from what I have been told.

steverobertson said:
Mark,

Not to burst your bubble but they have been talking for a good 18 months now so until INHD chgannels are offered I wouldn't suspect NESN HD for about a year from what I have been told.

You didn't burst my bubble, you burst gchasse's. I know it will be a while, but I figured spending 2 minutes on 2 emails couldn't hurt.

Mark

No, he did not burst my bubble, either. I know it is very unlikely this year. I am hoping for next year.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)