NESN - HD College Basketball

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Silvia2112

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
I flipped on NESN last night to watch a few minutes of the NC State - Clemson game. It came up with "Not available in your area" - or something like that. Isn't NESN a national channel? I have never seen that on that channel. More of a concern - will this happen to any Red Sox games? It isn't a local game so I would think that blackouts wouldn't be valid?

I flipped on NESN last night to watch a few minutes of the NC State - Clemson game. It came up with "Not available in your area" - or something like that. Isn't NESN a national channel? I have never seen that on that channel. More of a concern - will this happen to any Red Sox games? It isn't a local game so I would think that blackouts wouldn't be valid?

A channel in your local area probably had broadcast rights to the game.

I live in Stonington,CT - I don't think any RI or CT channel would have broadcast rights. Maybe it is a BIG East/ACC pissing contest thing.

WSBK TV 38 in Boston has rights to some ACC games; I don't think you'll need to worry about Sox games being broadcast. I believe that the only time they are not on NESN is when ESPN or Fox has exclusive rights.

pretty sure TV38-Boston has the ACC rights - we got screwed when UNC/Duke was on ESPN HD and we were stuck with the half assed TV38 4:3 upconvert HD crap

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)