HR21 recordings all grey screen

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

akaRadar

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 17, 2003
I got D* installed last week with a new HR21-200. I've recorded several shows and played them back fine, untill a couple of days ago. The last 2 shows I recorded (using series record) I only get a grey screen and the blue circle lights blink real slow. Nothing I try will get it to play. I finally just have to delete them. I thought the first one might just be a fluke, but now it's happened twice.
Should I call D* about this, or is there something I can check?
My signal strengths look pretty good to me. Don't know if it's related to the update I got a few days ago.

i had grey screen also and it wouldn't play any of my recordings. I had to do a red button reset to get it back.

I got D* installed last week with a new HR21-200. I've recorded several shows and played them back fine, untill a couple of days ago. The last 2 shows I recorded (using series record) I only get a grey screen and the blue circle lights blink real slow. Nothing I try will get it to play. I finally just have to delete them. I thought the first one might just be a fluke, but now it's happened twice.
Should I call D* about this, or is there something I can check?
My signal strengths look pretty good to me. Don't know if it's related to the update I got a few days ago.

That happened to me a few times, too. Turns out the DVR "forgot" it was a DVR, somehow losing it's permissions, and was functioning strictly as a receiver. Had to do a reset to fix it. The last time, I did an upload of permissions from the website (it's buried in the support pages somewhere), and that seemed to fix it permanently. Haven't had a problem since.

Thanks for the replies.
Since I unpluged everything the other day due to a lightning storm (which I guess would do the same as a reset) it seems to be OK so far. I've only tried it 2 times since then.
A DirecTV inspector came to my house yesterday and I mentioned that problem to him. He said he has heard that from several people.
Hopefully the power down / reload fixed it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts