HR21 recordings all grey screen

Status
Please reply by conversation.

akaRadar

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 17, 2003
I got D* installed last week with a new HR21-200. I've recorded several shows and played them back fine, untill a couple of days ago. The last 2 shows I recorded (using series record) I only get a grey screen and the blue circle lights blink real slow. Nothing I try will get it to play. I finally just have to delete them. I thought the first one might just be a fluke, but now it's happened twice.
Should I call D* about this, or is there something I can check?
My signal strengths look pretty good to me. Don't know if it's related to the update I got a few days ago.

i had grey screen also and it wouldn't play any of my recordings. I had to do a red button reset to get it back.

I got D* installed last week with a new HR21-200. I've recorded several shows and played them back fine, untill a couple of days ago. The last 2 shows I recorded (using series record) I only get a grey screen and the blue circle lights blink real slow. Nothing I try will get it to play. I finally just have to delete them. I thought the first one might just be a fluke, but now it's happened twice.
Should I call D* about this, or is there something I can check?
My signal strengths look pretty good to me. Don't know if it's related to the update I got a few days ago.

That happened to me a few times, too. Turns out the DVR "forgot" it was a DVR, somehow losing it's permissions, and was functioning strictly as a receiver. Had to do a reset to fix it. The last time, I did an upload of permissions from the website (it's buried in the support pages somewhere), and that seemed to fix it permanently. Haven't had a problem since.

Thanks for the replies.
Since I unpluged everything the other day due to a lightning storm (which I guess would do the same as a reset) it seems to be OK so far. I've only tried it 2 times since then.
A DirecTV inspector came to my house yesterday and I mentioned that problem to him. He said he has heard that from several people.
Hopefully the power down / reload fixed it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts