Netduma (dumaOS) and Netgear ....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

StanDarsh

PIT MEMBER
Original poster
Jan 10, 2015
Georgia and such
So...From what i can tell, the XR500 and XR700 from Netgear ship with DumaOS instead of stock Netgear firmware. Does that imply that all the XR series get DumaOS??

I only ask because I "heard" there's an XR1000 in the works and I'm curious if it'll be DumaOS also, or netgear firmware...
Apparently the R9000 (Nighthawk X10) was supposed to be moved to DumaOS and I"m not sure why it was never done...seems like it's definitely got enough 'ooomph' to do it, and I still run the R9000 when I'm in between on what I want to hook up.

For now I'm still tinkering with an Orbi RBK50 and a single node/satellite connected to it...but might move over to the R9000 soon...
With 36+ devices, 2-3 switches and a dual-wan router on the edge of my network...I want to play with too much network stuff at once.

i wanted to have an advanced tomato router leading the pack, but I don't have one that's compatible and also gigabit capable...so my Adv Tomato router is just an E2500 linksys and doesn't even get plugged in for anything except issues with my Logitech harmony remote (AP isolation is a thing in netgear firmware apparently and Logitech harmony doesn't like it).

I'd suggest something more conventional (especially if any of those devices are Apple branded). Something based on a Broadcom SoC gives you many more firmware options.

I'm suspicious of snap-in and wizard-based systems as I wonder how they can be thoroughly tested. Getting into bed with Netgear perhaps narrows the exposure to different combinations.

I'd suggest something more conventional (especially if any of those devices are Apple branded). Something based on a Broadcom SoC gives you many more firmware options.

I'm suspicious of snap-in and wizard-based systems as I wonder how they can be thoroughly tested. Getting into bed with Netgear perhaps narrows the exposure to different combinations.

I don't own a single Apple product. And won't anytime in the near future. My devices are broad-ranging from PCs to water leak detectors. 7 smoke detectors. Thermostat. several roku boxes...

I also do some contract work for a WISP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)