Netflix 4K Surprise . . . (1 Viewer)

Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!

SandFarmer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 21, 2009
The Beach.
We were having DNS issues with our ISP and I was checking what devices were operating and which weren't. I fired up Netflix like I normally do on my H3 and didn't see the TV flicker, but low and behold, not only did Netflix come up on a new secure DNS, but in 4K UHD. Didn't check for HDR(10). I even switch programs a couple of times and it stayed in 4K.

Now that I have posted this, I've jinxed it and it'll stop . . .

Just tried Youtube and the TV flickered like it does when the box checks, but no 4K.

Reactions: LQQK and Tampa8

ChadT41

THE BEST THERE HAS EVER BEEN
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 20, 2014
Mesa, Az
We were having DNS issues with our ISP and I was checking what devices were operating and which weren't. I fired up Netflix like I normally do on my H3 and didn't see the TV flicker, but low and behold, not only did Netflix come up on a new secure DNS, but in 4K UHD. Didn't check for HDR(10). I even switch programs a couple of times and it stayed in 4K.

Now that I have posted this, I've jinxed it and it'll stop . . .

Just tried Youtube and the TV flickered like it does when the box checks, but no 4K.
I’m pretty sure the YouTube on Dish does not do 4K

SandFarmer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 21, 2009
The Beach.
I just went into Youtube and see that there is a newer GUI than the last time I was in there not too long ago. I only noticed because the app tones were turned on and when I went to turn them off, new stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts