Netflix and YouTube app no longer usable on Hopper 3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TheKrell

A mighty and noble race originating on Altair IV.
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2007
Fairfax, VA
Both used to work. Now neither do. The picture disappears and the TV says "no video". This is true over HDMI to my Hisense 4K TV, and also via component to my Cielo HDTV. Am I the only one having this issue? Regular satellite and OTA channels and recorded programs work as they always did.

Reactions: CyberSpock
Well, I just tested again and YouTube is working fine. I don't understand what my wife is talking about with that one. Netflix, however, is still AWOL.

We tried to use Netflix on the Hopper and Joey and found it unusable. We tried everything. Reboots. Logoff login.

Sometimes we'd get a frozen Netflix logo with the sound of a TV channel.

We stopped using it. We got a Roku in one room and use the PS4 in the other.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheKrell
The Netflix on my 4K TV was playing a Netflix 4K UHD movie in 1080 but I did a reset of the Netflix app and it now plays in 3840x2160 4K.

How do you reset the Netflix app? If it can do 4K, and tries to switch to 4K as soon as it sees my 4K TV, then that explains my symptoms. No 4K out of component outputs, and my Hisense 4K TV claims there is no signal when the Hopper commands 4K.

Is there any way to stop the Netflix app from going into and out of 4K incessantly? Alternatively, is there anybody at Dish to whom I might complain about the switch to 4K? I've argued with Hisense (who are at least nice to me) until I'm blue in the face, and they basically don't do anything. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell
I can get it to work on the Joeys but not the main Hopper 3 unit.

DISH has been made aware and says there are software updates that 'fix' this. We would do this - and it would work for a movie or two, and then revert back. DIsh gives you a song and a dance about it, and somehow blames the user for it, rather than confront it head on.

We just stopped dealing with it and watch it through the Roku or Amazon Fire, and then we do watch on the Joeys in those rooms.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)