Netflix App Volume Low

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bradtothebone

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 12, 2003
KC Area
There has been a lot of discussion here about the lack of Dolby Digital output on the HWS Netflix app, but I'm not sure anyone has mentioned volume issues. We find that we have to turn up the volume on our AVR (which is being fed by optical digital from the Hopper) to ridiculously high levels to hear soft dialogue. In "Breaking Bad," where there is a lot of whispering, this is especially bad since there is also a lot of high-volume content. When we watch Netflix from FireTV stick, we don't see this issue. In the case of the FireTV stick, the sound is being fed back from the TV to the AVR via optical digital, downmixed to Dolby ProLogic, so both sources are ProLogic.

The other thing we notice with the Hopper app is that the sound has a "muffled" sound, even at high levels. It's difficult to describe - almost like everyone is talking through a scarf.

Hopefully, the Dish and Netflix people are working on this and it will be fixed "soon!"

There has been a lot of discussion here about the lack of Dolby Digital output on the HWS Netflix app, but I'm not sure anyone has mentioned volume issues. We find that we have to turn up the volume on our AVR (which is being fed by optical digital from the Hopper) to ridiculously high levels to hear soft dialogue. In "Breaking Bad," where there is a lot of whispering, this is especially bad since there is also a lot of high-volume content. When we watch Netflix from FireTV stick, we don't see this issue. In the case of the FireTV stick, the sound is being fed back from the TV to the AVR via optical digital, downmixed to Dolby ProLogic, so both sources are ProLogic.

The other thing we notice with the Hopper app is that the sound has a "muffled" sound, even at high levels. It's difficult to describe - almost like everyone is talking through a scarf.

Hopefully, the Dish and Netflix people are working on this and it will be fixed "soon!"
On mine, sound is crisp and actually a bit louder than normal TV.

I know these numbers will mean nothing to others, but when watching regular Dish-provided TV, we have the TV's volume in the 12-18 range. With Dish's Netflix app, it's turned up to 30+.

I should double-check what level I turn it up to when using the app from my TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)