Netflix Causes LG Smart TV to cycle

Valentino

Original poster
Jun 19, 2016
Montrose, Co
I have hopper 3 with Sling connected to Denon A/V receiver ( surround sound) which
Connects to LG Smart tv. When connected this way, Netflix causes tv to cycle on and off or actually shut off tv. When the A/V receiver is bypassed all seems well. This was happening when I had a Yamaha A/V receiver. I thought my Yamaha needed replaced and purchased the Denon but this did not rectify the problem. Other apps like Pandora work well when connected to A/V receiver.
Tried replacement hopper 3 with same results. Had control power boards and wi-fi board replaced on LG Smart tv. Have contacted all 3 parties (Dish,Denon and Netflix) with no resolution as of today. Any idea on solving?

It could be the HDMI CEC controls. The AVR and the H3 can control tv power if you have CEC power set to on with those devices. I've seen this before and always set the CEC power controls on the tv, AVR and Hopper to off and let my Harmony control the powering of all units.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Press the Home button twice and go to the Settings Menu. From there select 'Remote Control' and at the bottom of the screen under 'Advanced' is the HDMI-CEC setting. Make sure it's set to 'Off'.

Reactions: charlesrshell
It could be the HDMI CEC controls. The AVR and the H3 can control tv power if you have CEC power set to on with those devices. I've seen this before and always set the CEC power controls on the tv, AVR and Hopper to off and let my Harmony control the powering of all units.

Thank you for your response. I tried your solution but did not solve the problem. Kept getting HDCP 2.2 not supported on TV. My tv is not 4K. The model is 55EG9100 and my Denon is AVR-S920W. I can use Netflix with Hopper off using app on smart tv.

I have a similar problem. H3 is on a hdmi powered splitter feeding 2 tvs. 1 newer and 1 older. On the older hdtv netflix app brings up a message from tv saying an icompatible signal has been detected. No trouble with the newer set, it's only a 1080p model.

Tried Jsheridan's advice with the same results.

Thank you for your response. I tried your solution but did not solve the problem. Kept getting HDCP 2.2 not supported on TV. My tv is not 4K. The model is 55EG9100 and my Denon is AVR-S920W. I can use Netflix with Hopper off using app on smart tv.

Although I can't figure out why a reset happens, you might set the Denon to bypass mode and/or set its output to 1080. It kind of sounds like the Hopper is seeing the Denon as a 4K device and getting confused.

i think it should be under advanced settings and hdmi cec should be turned off so the LG smart tv doesn't cycle on and off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)