Netflix comes to the Hopper with Sling

I have no trouble with watching on demand on the Joey. So I assumed it was bridged.

The On Demand, Game Finder, Weather, etc. all work ok without bridging. The streaming stuff like Pandora require a bridged network. I suspect that when Netflix arrives for Joeys (soon!), they also will require a bridged network.

The On Demand, Game Finder, Weather, etc. all work ok without bridging. The streaming stuff like Pandora require a bridged network. I suspect that when Netflix arrives for Joeys (soon!), they also will require a bridged network.
I best getting to bridging where do I find the settings for bridging?

Heck, even a Mr. Coffee has a digital clock. I have way too many clocks in my house. It kills me when Day Light Savings Time changes.

I realize Dish is working within the constraints of Netflix's own system, but my only wish for the app is to be able to use the 30 second forward button. Minor quibble mostly due to being so used to the dish remote.

Since my hopper has the broaband connector, and I am not relying on wireless, but instead have the full bandwidth of my wired comcast connection, I am really quite happy with the Netflix app. Sure, it is a little slow starting up compared with Apple TV or Amazon Fire Stick, and I think the Apple OS is still easier and more full featured, the speed gains of not streaming via wireless are worth it.

If Dish adds Amazon prime, I will be a really happy camper. :)

but my only wish for the app is to be able to use the 30 second forward button. Minor quibble mostly due to being so used to the dish remote.
I've hit that button more than once myself out of habit. One thing I've noticed about rewinding on Netflix, and this applies with the Hopper app, Roku, and my TV's app, when I hit rewind, it sometimes pauses and then realizes it's supposed to back up. More than once (only on the Dish app), it does nothing - it just pauses and stays there. Did I not wait long enough ? Who knows as after 4-5 seconds of pause, I simply hit Play and try it again. I think this is just a function of streaming and a minimal buffer that's involved (??).

I've hit that button more than once myself out of habit. One thing I've noticed about rewinding on Netflix, and this applies with the Hopper app, Roku, and my TV's app, when I hit rewind, it sometimes pauses and then realizes it's supposed to back up. More than once (only on the Dish app), it does nothing - it just pauses and stays there. Did I not wait long enough ? Who knows as after 4-5 seconds of pause, I simply hit Play and try it again. I think this is just a function of streaming and a minimal buffer that's involved (??).

I have noticed that. The minimal buffer makes sense, although I am always amazed by how well it manages to stream really high quality HD.

To be fair to Dish, rewinding on Netflix, no matter what OS, has always been a challenge. I will rewind something, and end up jumping back way too far.

Yeap, sometimes or maybe it's certain devices, it at least gives you some thumbnails as it goes back but yesterday I noticed the thumbnail was from when I first hit rewind while the counter went back in time.

Maybe whatever buffer it does have is allocated 95% for what's coming up, not what has already been shown (?). I mentioned this in the 'bugs/enhancement' thread that I've never seen Netflix buffer until the Dish version :( We previously had 6Mb DSL and now have 15Mb Cable.

Was playing with the Netflix app on my IPad today and noticed a new icon in the top line toward the right of the main screen. Looks like a screen with a wireless icon. When I tapped it, a pop up opened allowing to pick one of my HWS. When I the selected a movie the Netflix app opened on the selected hopper and I could start a movie playing from the iPad.

I noticed this on the Android app a week or two ago. It only appears when my phone is on the same network though. Is it some sort of DLNA function ?

I saw the icon and just clicked it. Gave me the choice of iPad, Family Room (HWS), or Amazon Fire TV. It did not include Apple TV in the mix.

Was playing with the Netflix app on my IPad today and noticed a new icon in the top line toward the right of the main screen. Looks like a screen with a wireless icon. When I tapped it, a pop up opened allowing to pick one of my HWS. When I the selected a movie the Netflix app opened on the selected hopper and I could start a movie playing from the iPad.
That's interesting, I don't see that on my iPad or iPhone Netflix app and I've had Netflix for several months.

Don't have to be - it's in a public folder. I just tried it with a secondary browser, in which I'm not automatically logged in, and it is visible.

I couldn't upload it directly to the site from my phone so I had to resort to that.... Here it is
Screenshot_2015-01-04-23-32-22.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts