Netflix finally comes to cable in the US

I thought Netflix was already available on TiVo. Why do you need your cable company's permission to use it if TiVo already built it in?

Either the tittle of the article is misleading, or they view Tivo as a cable company. I see no connection to cable companies. What I do see is a Tivo having an "App" perhaps in this case a "Channel" that is integrated with the Cable channels.

I thought Netflix was already available on TiVo. Why do you need your cable company's permission to use it if TiVo already built it in?

Either the tittle of the article is misleading, or they view Tivo as a cable company. I see no connection to cable companies. What I do see is a Tivo having an "App" perhaps in this case a "Channel" that is integrated with the Cable channels.

Some smaller cablecos offer Tivo Premieres to their customers in addition to the usual Motorola/Cisco crap. For the most part all of the apps available on consumer-owned Tivo's aren't available on these leased units. These three companies are now offering the Netflix app on their leased units. Tivo also supplies dvr's to several European cabelco's, some of whom have previously made the Netflix app available to their customers.

Cable companies had it removed from their TiVo boxes. If you got your TiVo yourself of course the Netflix app was still there and worked, this was just for cable company provided TiVo boxes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts