Netflix finally ships out Watch Instantly discs for Nintendo's Wii

cool, now the kids can have netflix in their game room in stead of bugging me to watch something in the living room.

I can only take so much icarly...

I just like that now I have 4 different devices that can play Netflix Watch Instantly on the same television at my house.. ;p

I just got my disc today. Seems to work great. But I have a roku box which is able to show the HD content in 720P so I really have no use for
This disc right Now. But i really like to see netflix being proactive about getting their instant viewing content on televisions.

Here is a potentially stupid q / comment -

1. Can Netflix be streamed wirelessly through the Wii or does it have to be hardwired?
2. If streamed wirelessly, I am assuming it drops the strength of the wireless network,

Yes it can be used wirelessly. That's how my setup works. As far as the wireless networks strength, do you mean available bandwidth on the wireless network? Yeah it would lower available bandwidth, but most likely any G or N network would be faster than your broadband connection anyway, so your concern should be more about how much it will bog down your home
Internet service. I use my roku box and stream HD Netflix all the time while using sometimes using two other computers all on the same wireless network and have no problems on my 15 down/2 up connection.

Thanks DSpud and thanks for clarifying what I meant about thebandwidth.

I asked because I will soon have a PS3 hardwired but a pc/laptop wireless. I know with the child having Netflix on Wii wirelessly, it will probably be a 24/7 moviethon here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)